Worry, worry, worry :(

rachel8572

Reaction score
Most times I go to the midwife I come out worrying about something.... early on it was slightly high blood pressure which was normal again the next time n has been ever since. Then I was worrying about movement and went for an extra scan which was reassuring and everything was fine (just told he was measuring a week big which was within the normal range). Then they found glucose in my wee so I was worrying about havin gestational diabetes.

Today I have been for my 31 week midwife appointment and my wee was fine which I am really pleased with as it hopefully rules out the diabetes.... but now he is measuring 3 weeks big (34cm) and I have to have a scan 2 weeks on mon.... which is forever away and I am goin to be worryin about it for over 2 weeks til I go!!

Has anyone else measured 3 or more weeks big and have to go for a growth scan? Should I be eatin less to stop fast growth? I cut back on sugar when the glucose was in my wee as I have got a sweet tooth since pregnancy which I dont usually have so much. So maybe if I eat healthier and a bit less then he will have evened out wen I go for my growth scan xx

Someone posted about measuring too small the other day and as the ladies said then, bump measurements aren't an accurate way of measuring size, they are only a rough idea. I wouldn't worry too much, as this won't do you or LO any good. I know 2 weeks seems like ages away, but just try and stay relaxed and calm for baby. Glad urine was clear, it was probably just from eating or drinking :) X

Oooh another 27th August lady!! I think that makes 5 of us!! Get your name on the august babies thread :D x

Hi... Sorry your not having a good time... I hate the way they measure your bump! I was worried the other day about this. I have always measured a week ahead. At my 32week appointment I was measuring 33... And then 3weeks later at my 35week appointment I am measuring 34weeks... So my bump has only grew 1 week in 3weeks?!?! But there not concerned as its only a week less... It's made me worry tho...!!xx just look at it as an extra scan and some reassurance...!!xx

will add myself on now babyem. and ye i am just hoping that when i go back everything will be ok and he will be measuring normal again. maybe if your babies growth has slowed down, mine will!! have u changed your diet in any way or do u not think that has anythin to do with it? xx

I think it's just a bad way of measuring the baby, I spoke to my mum about it and she was annoyed at how upset I was, and they were saying it's normal...! My mum says it just depends how you are when you get measured, could be having a more bloated day. And also that baby moves about in there. So baby could be in a different position from the last time, having a stretch or curled up tighter. So I'm trying not to think about it. Babies still moving about and heartbeat was fine.

Oh and also my friend had a baby last week, she was monitored for growth due to extreme sickness. Long story short they said baby was measuring small, and they induced her at 38 weeks, as they were saying baby was 3weeks behind. She gave birth to a 7lb2oz boy! So if that's 3weeks behind , he'd of been a whopper!!!!!

ye i suppose i wont know properly until he's actually here. really dont wanna b induced tho. want him to just come wen he's ready xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back