Worried

Kiki0210

Reaction score
Hi girls

I had my first apt at infertility clinic last Thursday. Got prescribed provera and clomid and chatted with consultant - all good. Had to pee in a bottle a few times! Just had call from my GP office saying hospital have contacted them and dr needs to speak with me - got phone apt for fri morning.

Now the only thing I remember them saying they test for is chlamydia. I am 32 now and have had 3 boyfriends since I was 23. I have maybe had 2 one night stands before that in my younger uni days though. Could I have had chlamydia all these years and never known?

It's the only reason I can think of they would need to speak to me? Am so stressed now!

Hiya Kiki :)

I'm sorry to say that you could definitely have had chlamydia all these years if you have had unprotected sex with anyone who has had unprotected sex with someone else.

Did you have a cancer smear too? They did mine at the same time as the chlamydia.

If you do have chlamydia, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have suffered damage although it will be remarkable if not.

Chlamydia often causes pelvic inflammatory disease which is what causes the damage, but there will be symptoms involved such as pain and discomfort in your abdomen when having sex, going to the toilet, straining, bleeding, etc.

Otherwise, they might have found some abnormal cells with the cancer smear (which is very often harmless too).

Please try not to worry. Easier said than done, but these surprise appointments often turn out to be nothing :) Maybe he forgot to ask you something xx

Thanks Louise,

No I didn't get a smear done. I thought that might be the case but Iv never had any symptoms like that. And my pelvic ultrasound was totally normal. Don't know if anything chlamydia related would show on that?

Who knows! I will be stressed til fri morning but fingers x'd

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorow, hope it's just an admin appointment after all that worry! X

Hi hun just wanted to say good luck tomoz hope all is ok for you.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back