Worried! :(

Leah04x

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So I don't know if I'm panicking over nothing or I've got a genuine reason to be worried.. I'm a person who worries over anything!

Over the past two weeks, I have barely felt LO move at all.. I do have an anterior placenta and I know that cushions the movements, but I was feeling my baby before this and he had a pattern to his movements.. He kicked like crazy first thing in the morning and last thing at night.. Now hardly anything! :(

I spoke to my midwife about it 2 weeks ago because I was panicking and hadn't felt LO at all for two days.. She couldn't see me that day, so sent me to the assessment department at the hospital. The midwife at the hospital used the doppler, found the heartbeat straight away and LO kicked at the doppler - typical!

Since then, the pattern to movements still hasn't returned.. Most days I don't feel anything, and if I'm lucky I may feel one or two small kicks a day.

I can't help but think something is wrong, and I'd never forgive myself if something happened if I thought I could've changed the outcome by seeking medical advice quicker.. But then on the other hand, I don't want to sound like I'm over reacting, being paranoid or seen as wasting people's time!

I asked my mum her opinion, but she wasn't very helpful, and just said I'm being 'silly' and not to worry or call the midwife again..

I do have a doppler, and because of my concerns, have been using it more than usual to make sure I can find the heartbeat.. I haven't had a problem with the heartbeat at all, I always find it pretty much straight away and it's still as strong as before..

Am I over-thinking things or do I have a cause for concern?
What would you ladies do in my position?

xx

Maybe you could ask for another scan just to make sure the baby is healthy and explain your worries, but I think it's okay, sometimes people have smaller babies and feel it less, that's just what I've been told, I have days where I feel it lots and days when I don't

OMG this sounds like me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so understand what u r saying !!!! unsure to call midwife or not :/ maybe we have babies who like sleeping lol !hope u get movment soon hun !!! stressful aint the word hugs x

I think u should go and get a trace done at the hospital! It's better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks ladies!

I've spoken to my midwife and she doesn't seem concerned whatsoever..
She said that because I have an anterior placenta, that will be cushioning a lot of LOs movements still..
Also, she said that at 26 weeks, she wouldn't expect there to be a pattern to baby's movements

Think I've just got to learn to chillll! Before I drive myself insane haha x

I wouldnt worry too much, as you can find the HB on the doppler and like the MW said, you needn't worry until later in the pregnancy. LOs just having fun at your expense lol!!

Hugs!! x

If you are finding the LO's HB on your doppler I wouldnt worry too much either. I dont think you need to worry too much about kick counting until Tri3. Also LO's can have quiet times around growth spurts. I didnt really start feeling regular movements until two weeks ago and only properly in the last week or so. As your LO gets bigger and their muscles grow you'll start feeling some hefty kicking. It sounds like your plancenta is cushioning most of it.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back