A bit worried

mags

Reaction score
I'm just a bit worried because this baby isn't moving! This is my third, and with my two eldest, I felt them very early on. This baby I've felt move maybe 2 or 3 times. I know all the sources say it's 'normal' to not feel anything till up to 20 weeks, but I'm a bit freaked out. I can hear the heartbeat on my personal doppler, so I know baby is alive but I just want some reassurance that baby is really ok. I have the feeling I wouldn't be taken seriously if I called the midwife. I really want a scan (can't afford private and annoyingly I don't have my next scan till late Oct. when I'll be 23 weeks. :evil: ) but they'd probably just listen to baby's heartbeat and tell me he/she's fine.....am I right?! :?

Hey hun, i know we all worry about this too. i felt my first at about 19weeks. this time i felt movement at 15 weeks when i was layed on my back and she stuck her back or something right out and made my stomach all uneven and hard, then at 17 weeks i felt the first of many kicks and she never stopped since then... some pregnancies you can get interior placenta (i think thats what its called) where the placenta is at the front and can cushion any kicks or movement you should be able to feel maybe thats what you have, either that or you have a little angel in there :) try not to worry, easier said than done, but if theres a heartbeat then all is well :wink:

This is my first so a bit different to you, I also felt the odd movement until last week when I was just over 20 weeks when he started to move constantly, the scan confirmed he is indeed a real wriggler :D

He now has pretty good patterns of movement, especially around 8-8.30am when Im generally on the forum :D .

I know they say even if you have had previous babies, it depends on your weight, position of the placenta, and also general position of the baby as to how much movement you will feel early on. I know some people dont feel much until about 24 weeks!

If baby has a good heartbeat I wouldnt worry too much, and yes I would think the midwife would just check the heartbeat and tell you baby is healthy, and to give it a few more weeks yet until you feel baby move more.

try not to worry hun it could be that baby is kicking towards your back and you are not feeling it or that baby is kicking into the placenta as long as you can hear the heartbeat i wouldnt worry im sure you will start feeling more in next few weeks xxxxxxx

Please don't worry, this is my second and I was expecting to feel movement a lot earlier than I did. I started to feel my LO move at around 21 weeks, now the movements feel pretty regular. As your hearing a heartbeat I'm sure all is ok. :hug:

Thanks for the replies. The funny thing is, I noticed the baby moving more yesterday! When I walk more, baby moves more. I had a day out in London yesterday, and when I finally sat down on the tube, baby gave me a real wallop! LOL.

I'm glad you felt some movement, it's so reasuring. Even when I am feeling movement I still worry :doh:

Hi Mags, I've had 4 and never felt any of mine move before 21 weeks - swear I have the skin of a rhino! :lol:

:) I think this is a very lazy baby! I've heard that usually means a boy--which is what we're hoping for! Just feels like I have to wait forever for my next scan. 23 weeks! When everyone gets theirs at 20! My hospital (in London Borough of Redbridge) is notorious for crap maternity care. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back