worried..

meggymum

Reaction score
hi all

for the last few days OH has had a cold. he is now just getting over it and was really careful around LO, but now I have it, and I am petrified I am going to give it to my little man. he was 2 weeks early but is breastfeeding, but I can hear when he breathes it sounds a bit snotty.

any ideas on what to do? Also, can I take normal cold medicines or is that a no no with breast feeding?

Hi :wave:

Love the name btw (Oscar :dance:)

I don't think there is much you can do unfortunately but just keep an eye on him. If you are breastfeeding you soundn't need to give him any water as he will get drinks from you as well as food at that age.

There isn't any cold remembies available for LO until he is a bit older, and there isn't much you can take.

You can take paracetemol. Might be worth asking a pharmacist to see what they say? I think most cold remedies are made up of paracetemol anyways, but not sure?!

xxxxx

prop his bed up slightly during the night. it will help keep it coming down and not blocked. also joshua has just had a sniffle and during the night we kept a small fan on to make sure he the air was circulating in his room! x

thanks for the advice, he seems to be ok now and my cold is going too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back