Worried I've caused damage to embryos development

Leighanne

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just did a positive test today. My last period was 4th may and my cycle is usually 21 days. However on Saturday 14th May me and husband had our first proper drink since our first was born back in 2018, so nearly 4 years. I also had a few cigarettes but I continued smoking about 3 a day for the week after, then I packed smoking in as I knew i didn't really need to do it. It was a relapse from not smoking for 5 years pervious. Now I'm really glad I gave up smoking again but I am so worried I've caused damage to the embryos development of it's vital organs now. I had no idea I was pregnant that night and we hadn't been trying at all. My period had only been finished for about 4 or 5 days by that night. We also haven't had sex since then as we are a typical married couple that are too tired all the time now. I feel like such a silly fool now for smoking. I hadn't been taking any pregnancy vitamins as it wasn't planned, but I've started taking them today. I'm really worried. I think I need some reassurance there's no damage done. :-( plus we are moving house in a month so I won't be able to help with much. We are both over the moon though, I just can't feel too excited until I know I haven't caused damage.

You would only be ovulating around that time and wouldn't have implanted until a week later so there would have been no embryo! Nothing to worry about, just make sure you keep up with the folic acid now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back