Babys brain scan....

My1stBaby

Reaction score
As most of you know, i had to have a brain scan yesterday to check whether CMV (virus) had caused any damage to babys brain development....

well it hasnt :) :) :) it was the best news ever, we were prepared to hear the worst and we actually got the best news possible.

babys brain is developing really well, his head is huge (not sure i feel great about pushing that out lol) but everything is PERFECT

the only thing theyre worried about is babys hearing, he could be deaf or just suffer from partial deafness but we wont know that until hes born. Were not too worried about that though in the scheme of things thats easy to deal with.

it was when she said 'we dont need to consider termination now' that it really sunk in how serious this virus can be, im so so thankful to my lucky stars and for everyones prayers and positive mesages. the doctor actually said, when you catch CMV in pregnancy, the damage caused to baby literally comes down to luck and i am one of the lucky ones.

so so happy! so going back to work tomorrow (i know im mad) for 5 more days and then im off on maternity leave.

xxxxxxxxx

Congrats hun, so pleased everything is ok xxxx

Aww hun! That's amazing!! So pleased for you. xx

Great news :) well done little baby, such a fighter :love:

Brilliant news :) So relieved for you. Might be totally thick, but can someone tell me what CMV actually is, as it sounds horrendous.

That's brilliant news hun, I'm so pleased that it all went well xxx

hes my little miracle!!!

yes CMV is a really common virus, most commonly found in young children and passed through urine, saliva and blood. so you can catch it anywhere- by a cough, sneeze, sharing food or drinks etc. 40-50% of people have the virus and it wont harm you its just like a fluey type of thing, but if you catch it whilst your pregnant it can be completely devastating to the unborn baby... the later you catch it in pregnancy the better, if you catch with within the first 12 weeks its unlikely baby will survive. its an evil virus for pregnant ladies but luckily its uncommon in pregnancy. there needs to be more info and support around it though as ive struggled so bad its just not well known. think i might try and set up some kind of support for ladies that are going through it

xxx

Thats a lovely idea to set up the group. Iv also never heard of it before but think its great to make people aware of it. well done hun xxx

That's brilliant news hun, I'm so pleased that it all went well xxx

thats brilliant news :) so pleased for you all, now you can enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy without all the worry :) xxxx

Absolutely fantastic news! I am so so happy for you honey!! What a fantastic outcome! Xxx

Oh that really is the best news ever!! So so pleased for you - such a relief! Now hopefully you can relax a little and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy... :) xx

Brilliant news. Very pleased for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back