• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried! Epu tomorrow :s

Bex7

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I recently found out I was pregnant and the digital test stated 2-3 weeks, I tested again the week later which states 3+. I was so confused as these do not match up with my dates at all so I went to the doctors who sent me to the epu for an internal scan. They could not see anything at all and said that I could have a possible ectopic pregnancy as my dates and way out and nothing is seen. Or that it is just too early to see and that I ovulated on a completely different date to when I thought!

I'm back in tomorrow which will be a week later to have another scan and also to take some bloods. I'm so worried, I'm driving myself crazy thinking something's wrong :(

Has anyone elses dates been way out or scans with nothing found? X

Last edited:
3+ means you are over 5 weeks hun, although that is still too early to see anything on a scan.

How pregnant do you think you should be?

xxxxxxxxxx

Well if I'm correct I should be 8/9 weeks now!! Somethings not right :( X

I had something similar - I thought I was 7 weeks, but I was put back to 5 or 6 at an early scan (although an internal scan did show a blob and heartbeat). I think I ovulated later than I thought (I have PCOS which makes it more difficult), and I think someone said on here that it can take 2-3 days for the egg to be fertilised and weeks for implantation sometimes. Someone can correct me if I've got that wrong.

My digi said 3+weeks also which I had done the week before, so I was confused too. I asked at the scan whether I had my dates wrong or if the baby wasn't developing and they said it was my dates. I still don't know exactly how pregnant I am as it was too early to give me any dates, so I'm now patiently waiting for my 12 week scan and keeping my fingers crossed everything is OK.

I know it's hard but try not to worry too much, hopefully tomorrow will give you some more answers.

xx

:-( i know how u feel but try and stay possitive mistakes do happen,i have everything crossed for you xxxx

it will say 3+ forever more sweety even if youare 8-9 weeks, could you have your dates out by even a week? were you charting conception?

try not to worry lovely finger crossed all is ok xxxxxxxx

Well if I'm correct I should be 8/9 weeks now!! Somethings not right :( X

How sure are you about your dates hun?

At 8-9 weeks then yes you should have been able to see a baby with a HB.

Here's hoping you've jsut got your date wrong!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I wish you all the best tomorrow. You appear to be in the same boat as me and it sucks. I too should be 8 weeks, I measured at 5 on my scan so I am also going to EPU tomorrow to find out if I have a viable pregnancy tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for the two of us xx

I wish you all the best tomorrow. You appear to be in the same boat as me and it sucks. I too should be 8 weeks, I measured at 5 on my scan so I am also going to EPU tomorrow to find out if I have a viable pregnancy tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for the two of us xx

I'm really hoping my dates are wrong! I'm at work and can't think straight! I'm being scanned first tomorrow at 830 so I really hope it's good news. Fingers crossed for you too, let me know how you get on xx

I'm really hoping my dates are wrong! I'm at work and can't think straight! I'm being scanned first tomorrow at 830 so I really hope it's good news. Fingers crossed for you too, let me know how you get on xx

I will do :) thanks. I have mine at 9am :) Also hoping I have my dates wrong but I got my bfp on the 17th of May so can't seem to work out how I am so far behind and only showing 5 weeks. Wishing for the best! x

I will do :) thanks. I have mine at 9am :) Also hoping I have my dates wrong but I got my bfp on the 17th of May so can't seem to work out how I am so far behind and only showing 5 weeks. Wishing for the best! x

Im really wishing you both all the best for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you xxxx

Wishing you both all the best! I hope it's good news for you both xx

Well had my scan first thing and they can now see a gestation an yolk sac!? Which I guess is better than not seeing anything last week. I have to go back on the 22nd to confirm viability.
Is this a good sign? Or bad as they still can't see anything in the sac?

Xx

I went throught the exact same hun. Had an abdominal scan which showed nothing despite being 5 weeks, went back the following week and had an internal and low and behold yolk sack and pole all intact. The followng week they seen the HB and confirmed the dates. No idea why the baby decided to hide for the first one.

Good news I would say but keeping fingers crossed for next week too. xx

Hiya I don't want to sound negative or possitive but it can be both and the negative side is by 6 weeks there should be a fetal pole inside the sac I'm not sure how far u are meant to be without reading bk through and I'm on my fone but also the possitve is that there is something now there,my scans last year with my mmc had growth from sac and was a yolk sac was the correct size 5.5 weeks but nothing else inside and I had 2 more scans still the sac continued to grow and so did watever was inside but only very slightly and by the 3rd scan it had grown again but was no fetal pole and for 8 weeks there should have been at least a fetal pole even for a shy fetus,I don't want to svare u or give u faulse hopes but there is always hope and cling to that untill they tell u all hope is gone and best of luck for the 22nd xxxx

Fingers are crossed for u hunni! 22nd must seem a long way away but beforw u know it it will be here! :) xxx

Did they try to date it for you?

I got told that mine is 5 weeks and 5 days now - 6 days ago I was apparently 5 weeks but that was just going on the fact that there was a yolk sac. There is now an embryo there with a hb but we only saw that cause the scan was internal.

Did they give you any more information? I would say that there is hope because I thought I was 8 - 9 weeks now but I am only 5 weeks and 5 days! I find it hard to accept as I feel like I need answers but the hospital seem happy with it so just got to wait it out now.

FX'd for you xx

Did they try to date it for you?

I got told that mine is 5 weeks and 5 days now - 6 days ago I was apparently 5 weeks but that was just going on the fact that there was a yolk sac. There is now an embryo there with a hb but we only saw that cause the scan was internal.

Did they give you any more information? I would say that there is hope because I thought I was 8 - 9 weeks now but I am only 5 weeks and 5 days! I find it hard to accept as I feel like I need answers but the hospital seem happy with it so just got to wait it out now.

FX'd for you xx

Yes she did say 4-5 weeks but my last period was mid April!

They were happy with the progress though as tho time last week they couldn't find anything at all and straight away today on the external you could see the gestation sack. Then with the internal you could see the yoke sack. On the notes they gave me to take away they had put "no fetal pole - poss too early" so I'm just pinning all my hope that next Friday we will be able to see a hb.

Glad yours went well though :) exciting stuff! Xx

Last edited:
I would say not to worry but I know how impossible that is. All I will say though is that my last period was 12th April and I am only now 5 weeks and 5 days. It makes not one bit of sense and nobody can give me answers but I now have a embryo and heartbeat so sometimes trying to pin everything on dates and science doesnt always help. There is hope and I have my fingers crossed that all goes will for you at your next scan! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back