worried about weight loss

trixipaws

Reaction score
millie gained weight really rapidly at first, she was putting on about a pound every 2 weeks. the last month or 2 it has slowed down a little but today i took her to be weighed and she has lost 2 ounces since 2 weeks ago :(

shes 16 pounds 3 which is still over the 50th centile for her age nearly 23 weeks but im concerned that in 2 weeks not only has she not gained but has actually lost :(

can this happen around her age, or could it be something to do with teething perhaps? she hasnt been ill. she is pooing less tho she used to be a daily girl now its every 2 or 3 days :?

It could be connected to her teething, because it can put her off her food. If she is still over the 50th centile i wouldnt worry too much, just take her again next week and see if she has lost anymore?

I am taking amber on weds, because she has been poorly lately so hope she hasnt lost too much.

Aimee used to loose weight all the time. I used to get really worked up about but the HVs just used to say she was fine. I remember Aimee weighed 15lb at that age and they said its normal for their weight gain to slow at around 6 months as there solids increase and they get more active. I'd take her again in 2 weeks just to be sure but you'll probably find she's gained next time.

Millie has started getting more active if I remember rightly hasn't she? Also how much is she taking solids wise and has it made a difference to how much milk she takes? As that could effect it as milk is more calorific than solids. I wouldn't worry too much atm, if she carries on losing weight then obviously something isn't right, but like you say she's teething etc. :hug:

Hi

I wouldnt sorry so much yet hun sounds like shes doing great :)

D's weight gain slowed down at 6 months but the more active she is the more calories she will burn off..

maybe see if she willeat a little more, but wouldn't worry about a one off

It does sound like shes just slowing down trixie. I wouldnt worry about hert, but of you are speak to HV.

Have you started weaning? I remember our HV saying that they can often loose a bit or weight when you start weaning.

thanx for the more replies. hav started weaning but am a bit wishy-washy with it really, am gonna post about that in a bit.

i will take her 2 baby clinic again on fri and ask the HVs then. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back