Worried about Premature Birth

beckibooxx

Reaction score
Hey ladies
I had a daughter who was very premature born at 31 weeks, im pregnant again and im 6 weeks i cant help but worry that ill have another premature baby, doctors have said that there could be a chance it might happen again, and im so scared, with my daughter being premature it was hard but being told it could happen again just worrys me even more, becuase i really dont want to go through that again, my daughter was in NICU for a month in an incubator and had Jaundice and had wires everywhere! it broke my heart so much,
am i being stupid for worrying?

You're certainly not being stupid for worrying chick :hug: x Every lady on here I'm certain worries about all these things too, but you esp since it's happened before. I've just been telling myself, take one day at a time. Keep healthy and make good choices, and if you can go to bed each day knowing you did the best you could that day, then it makes it so much easier. I had some bleeding and was really worried about M/C, I still am, but I take each day as it comes, and try to think positively. Worrying can cause problems in itself, and although premature birth is a big worry, there is also no reason why you should have another premie :) I know it's so hard not worry, and is easier said than done, but as long as you do your best each day for you and bubs, then I'm sure you'll have much less reason to worry xxx :hug: xx

Thankyou hun :) needed some reassurance :) I Also had bleeding with my daughter around that time too hun,doctor said its normal sometimes, usually its down to an inflamed cervix? something like that lol :)
good luck in your pregnancy :)

x

Thankyou hun :) needed some reassurance :) I Also had bleeding with my daughter around that time too hun,doctor said its normal sometimes, usually its down to an inflamed cervix? something like that lol :)
good luck in your pregnancy :)

x

Thanks hun xx Hope everything goes perfect for you this time round too xxx :hug: xx

hi hun! i had my daughter at 33wks and i am pregnant again! do you know why she was early? i was told that i might have a chance of having this baby early, the consultant said i hava a 1 in 10 chance of going into premature labour again! im not worried at the minuite, im just trying to stay as calm as possible.. it is heartbreaking leaving your baby in hospital and you coming home without them! do you know if you will see a consultant? xx

Hey kelly, Um i havnt seen a doctor just yet im due to see one in a week :) but their probably tell me then,
but when my daughter had a check up at hospital she has to go every 3 months to see if shes growin :) i asked them if this cud happen again and they said there is a good chance it could so im on edge atm! :(
i knew id be early with my lil one but didnt exspect her to be so early! yeh its very scary :( and heartbreaking x

my daughter was early cos i had an infection, cos she was my first and was 19 at the time i didnt read the signs of prem birth or labour or anything, about 2 weeks before i had her my mucus plug came out and i didnt think nothing on it.. and a week before givin birth i had contractions like a very bad back sort of pain.. didnt know anything .. so this time round im determined to not let it happen again! lol :)
how come yours was early kelly?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back