Worried about my blood results!

maldives

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Few days ago I went for a scan and a blood test and a pap smear.. everything was clear and I was happy that pap smear was clear :cheer:
but what I am a bit worried about is the thyroid result! I am not sure what the medical term is but it showed that my thyroid gland is not functioning properly (not overactive)! tbh I have no idea what the consequences are I will google it now..the Dr asked me to come in for another blood test but as I wasn't very happy with this center and Dr I did another blood test in a better place this time...
btw I don't know if it's hereditary but my mom has a problem with he thyroid gland as well and is on medication since I was born! It never showed that I had it before just this last blood test! My mom had it as a result of an emotional shock and this time I had an emotional shock right before giving birth up to my 2 month post natal, it was caused by my mom :( wish she knows what she's done to me.

Aww honey, I have no idea about anything to do with the thyroid but sounds like you need some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanx I didn't know much. I hope it won't affect my baby :cry:

I dont really know much about it so cant really offer any advice but I would say dont worry too much about your baby. if there is a problem of any sort its good that they've discovered it now and they will make sure you get the right treatment and care so no harm comes to you or the bump :hug: Its always better to get things found out early, its scary at the time but at least then you can do whatever is needed to make sure things go well. Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just did a google and found the UK BUPA page - it gives one line about having an underactive thyroid in pregnancy:
Special considerations

The thyroid gland can change during pregnancy. In the first half of pregnancy it is normal for the total amount of thyroid hormone to be slightly increased. If you have hypothyroidism you will need more frequent check ups during and after pregnancy, as your thyroxine requirements tend to be increased as these times.

That's all it says though.

This page was a bit more useful. Says treatment is necessary and perfectly safe for baby, but it is more harmful to not have it treated or to stop taking tablets. posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=106723

My Dad has an underactive thyroid so had to mention it this pregnancy and last. Been ok so far though :pray:

Have you looked up any more hon? Hope you are ok, I'm sure the doc would have told you if there was any cause for concern. Sending you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi ladies,,thanx for all ur advice and support and I am very very sorry to tell u that this post was a waste coz since yesterday I was in tears so today my DH took me for blood tests at a proper place and it seems my main thyroid hormone (TSH) is normal and that the other 2 free T4 and Free T3 are a bit high and low which is normal during pregnancy :)
I am soo soo soo happy and relieved.. it was awful yesterday and I am really sorry to give u all headache on nothing :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back