Worried about going on holiday

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
I am due to fly to Mexico from England in a few weeks. I'll be 10 weeks and 1 day when I fly out and 12 weeks 1/2 days when I fly back. So technically when I go I'll be in my first tri and my second tri when I come back.
But I don't know if I can fly? And I don't know if Mexico is a safe place to go? We are going to cancun and it's a 5* hotel. We've paid a lot of money for the holiday and I'd really like to go but I don't want to jeopardise my pregnancy either. None of the reviews have mentioned upset bellies. I have an appointment with the nurse tomorrow but I think she just gonna say that they don't recommmend it but it's up to me.
Can any one help?
Has anyone been to Mexico pregnant?

Not been to mexico while pregnant but whent on holiday to the carribian. As long as you only drink bottled water I wouldn't worry. Enjoy your holiday, in my opinion early pregnancy is the best time to go and relax. Have fun!!

Last edited:
well i have asked midwife, doctor, insurance company and thomas cook and all was completely fine with it so go :D im going to cyprus in 2 wks and i will be 10 wks going and 12 wks coming back

I know plenty of people who have flew in tri 1 with no problems and if it is clean you should be fine. I agree with kiki - bottled water only and plenty of suncream! Do you have to have jabs - i would speak to ur MW/doc first if you have to. Hope you can go - enjoy!

Don't worry flying is fine, esp in first trimester , i wouldn't want do it in third tri tho

drink only bottled water rather than tap, and watich the salads, as they will be washed in the same tapwater and any hidden deadlys. enjoy the holiday while you are childless X

Firstly, thanks for all the replys. I saw the nurse last night and she said it was fine for me to go the mexico and that I needed a jab for hepatitis A and typhoyd (sorry about the spelling) she didn't give me the injections as she wasn't sure if it was safe. She said she's gonna speak to the midwife first and that even if I can have them she'd rather wait until I was a little bit further on - so 2 weeks before I fly. However, I just checked my dates and found that I'll actually be 11 weeks when I fly and 13 weeks when I return so I feel a lot better about that.
Thanks for the advice about the salads too - I wouldn't have thought of that!

Hi all, was trawling the internet for advcie and saw this thread.....

I am due to stay at The Royal in Cancun next week just after booking I found out I was pregnant. I went straight to my GP to ask about vaccinations etc and he said I was up to date with typhoid and hep A as I had them in 2003 (he didn't mention boosters). I saw my midwife yesterday who was horrified and told me he should have told me about me needing boosters to be immunised. As I wasn't told this, I had no idea I wasn't protected until now, and now we have a zero cancellation policy applying to this trip as it;s so near departure date. I am so so angry that my GP did not advise me properly and now have no idea what to do... we have saved for 2 years for this holiday and its our belated honeymoon (and wasn't cheap!). As we are staying in a nice hotel, is it still a big risk if I go? Obviously health is more important to me than money but if the risk are extremely low then it might still be ok for me to go rather than lose most of our 2 year savings :( Thanks for any advice you can give....

take flight socks for the plane and a childs dosage of asprin when on long flights only drink bottled water and just try and ensure hygine is at a maximum x

I'm going to the USA is 7 weeks when I'll be 12 weeks pregnant. I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back