Works Christmas Party

luratraloora

Reaction score
So on Saturday we have got our works Christmas Party which is a meal at a restaurant in town then some are going out afterwards clubbing / nightclubs. I will be 29 weeks pregnant and got my dress and will be wearing heels.

My question is Im thinking do I go out afterwards for a dance with the girls or do you think its too risky being pregnant? Im 50/50 how comfortable I feel about it, but thats cos I think its the unknown and feel more vulnerable and drunk people. What are people's thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As long as your not drinking I can't imagine it'll be an issue. I'd consider taking some flats in case your feet get sore. Is there anyone else going who won't be drinking ? Or maybe get your fella to meet up with you after the meal. At least you can be put with your mates and protected at the same time :)

can you go for a bit and if your tired or had enough get someone to pick you up or drive home? that's what I've been doing if I go out and then I can leave when I want but don't feel like I'm missing out

Hiya. When I was about 6/7 months pregnant with my first daughter I went to a work colleague's wedding reception and even though I was only drinking coke I felt as though people were looking at me wondering what I was drinking so I switched to J20's and I felt a bit uncomfortable that other guests thought that because I was pregnant that I shouldn't be out enjoying myself..it also didn't help that I had only been there a short while when my midwife walked in...I had no idea she was related to my work colleague!!! I would advise to wear flats as heels will effect your balance even more and you wouldn't want to fall. You might find when you are out that you are tired after the meal and not be in the mood for dancing..I know most night's I am in bed at 8pm! If you decide to go out dancing but then feel tired how will you get home..will you drive or have your partner pick you up? You don't want to be going anywhere by yourself it's not worth the risk xx

I think as long as you're not going anywhere dodgy a dance with the girls will be fun if that's what you'd normally do. I don't understand people who worry about being judged for enjoying themselves when pregnant, I think it's completely normal for people to still have a social life when pregnant (other children permitting!). Enjoy yourself xx

Absolutely see no problem with it but I personally just would not have the energy or inclination - fair play! I think I would be a little concerned about being around a load of unpredictable drunk strangers, I guess it depends on how busy the club is.. Go with your gut, if you want to go out and let your hair down then do it :) No reason why you should be missing out x

I think you should just do whatever you feel like! You may feel great on the day and up for going out, or you may just want to call it a night. People will/should understand either way. Have fun!

I went to a Christmas party on Friday night and had a great time dancing on the dance floor but was totally shattered by 11.30pm so left everyone to it and went home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back