Working while pregnant....

kristeng

Reaction score
Wasnt really sure where to put this one :|
I work as an editorial assistant for an in house publishing company (fun....)
and since i found out i was pregnant the idea of quitting my job has become more and more tempting :p

I was just wondering if any of you had to make the decision that I'm playing around with at the moment...
Opinions, advice...so on.
Thank youu :)

I thought about it this time but we decided it was better to stick it out for the maternity benefits then leave :)

if you can i'd say its worth sticking it out and getting all your maternity benefits and that and then quit just before you're due to go back :lol:

My work know I'm not coming back. I'll give my notice 8 weeks before I'm due to return from maternity leave. You never know if your circumstances might change, heaven forbid :)

I had that thought when i was pregnant last time as i hated my job. I stayed 'employed' so i could reap the maternity benefits but i went on the sick at like 19 weeks (full pay) untill 29 weeks when i went on leave. I never intended on going back but seen as i managed to get up the duff 8 weeks after having my baby i figured i best go back just to get the mat leave again. I go back on 1st dec and i'll be 19 weeks. Basically i am gonna work 5 weeks then take my 5 weeks hols then off i go again. This time i'm not going back tho :dance: Me is clever lol xx

Oh be careful with this one!! Make sure what your own companies policy says! If I decide to leave before going back to work I have to pay back some of the allowances they will give me, or work three months then leave. They should have it clearly documented somewhere, (sorry I'm a union rep!).

depends on if you get more than SMP tho doesnt it, i checked with personnell when i was ahving katie, and i know if i dont go back i dont have to pay anythin bacl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back