changing jobs while pregnant

babypinkie

Reaction score
i am currently working for myself i need to get a job for financial resons i am 17 weeks pregnant how do you think i would stand do i have to tell the employer im pregnant and what will they do when the find out will i be intitled to maternity pay can anyone help in a dilema :(

you don't have to tell them till you are 25 weeks pregnant and you will get maternity pay as the baby is due after 1st April.... I think!!

Hi babypinkie,

As topbird says, you don't have to tell them that you are pregnant until 25 weeks HOWEVER, you won't be entitled to maternity pay from your employer unless you have been there for 26 continuous weeks by end of 25th week of pregnancy (which obviously you won't have been).

You should however be entitled to Maternity Allowance which you can claim in lieu of SMP.

Valentine xxx

you will only be entitled to Maternity Allowance if you have paid class 2 national Insurance contributions whilst self employed

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Bfsl1/Benef ... G_10018869

A prospective employer cannot refuse you a job solely because you are pregnant and if you think that you have been refused a job because of this then you can claim discrimination against them.

good luck in whatever you decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back