Working 10 days (82 hrs) off the belt

Jojo84

Reaction score
Is that legal? Where do I stand regarding my rightS?

Sorry Jojo what do you mean by off the belt? xxx

Like 10 days in a row total hours equaling 82hrs

I think for you to be working those hours you must have some sort of waiver in your contract? I imagine it is perfectly ok as its probably in your contract? Im very much Open to correction though. I'm not the best clued up on these sort of things but I am a nurse and I work 7 nights on the trot (thats 84 hours) every 6 weeks or so and it's seen as perfectly reasonable. I imagine it might be a similar thing in your job? xxxx

Ringing work tomorrow and refusing to do it. I have signed a waiver, however I've also had a risk assessment statig hours need to be amended due to pregnancy. If they don't fix it then I might just be too 'sick' to come in until they do.

If you have a risk assessment saying your hours need to be amended due to pregnancy then that's completely different, no way should you be working those hours! I have to admit I found my recent set of nights difficult. Am still in 2 minds about doing my next set of nights in one go. Anyways ring them tomorrow and tell them what your risk assessment says xxxx

You need to agree the boundaries surrounding your risk assessment and get it in firmed up in writing :)

I suggested 4 shifts one week and 3 the next which would give me 5 says max (as I do 5 hrs in another service) but he's so awkward. Also tried to tell me I'm not getting paid for my midwife appointment and I stayed the policies nd legislation that said otherwise.

I'm going to say I can't work nights Cos I'm just so sick the next day

It seems legal to me unless you have a health reason not to do it. The working time directive would prevent you working more than so many hours a week but I assume you have opted out at some point, however, you can opt back in if you want to. I work a 60-70hour week normally (mon-sat) with sunday off. That's the job i signed up to do and thats the job i'll do unless i'm not fit to. Been quite tough with nausea and tiredness but so far managed ok. I know the baby will be fine with this just a bit hard on me :-( As i work in the private sector it would be very hard to change my working pattern and not impact hugely on my work, though i imagine the public sector might be a bit more flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back