• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Work!

ZoeM

Reaction score
Anyone else hacked off with work and can't wait to have baby and take maternity leave?? :( :bored: :( :bored: I still have about 31 weeks to go until baby comes!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I've been shouted at twice today and it's ruined my day!! :cry: We're supposed to be going out for our works Christmas meal tonight, but all I feel like doing today is going home and sleeping!! I will drag myself out though - should be good when we get there.

Anyone else feel the same?

Yep I feel exactly the same. I'm a contractor and my contract was meant to end on Friday but they've extended it until March on problem is my boss didn't bother to tell the accounts team so yesterday they disabled all my accounts and most of it won't be back until 4pm today so I haven't been able to do a tap of work all day meaning I will have to stay late to catch up :evil: I am so annoyed. AND he still hasn't signed my timesheet.

GOD yessssss!! I hated it before I got pregnant, is even worse now! was crying on the phone to my husband this morning about how fed up I am..... bring on maternity leave - I cannot WAIT! Only problem is we have to go back afterwards..... trying to get another job, with part time hours on the same salary etc... will be nigh on impossible!

Everything seems so trivial and dull compared to the little miracle we are performing in our bellies doesn't it!!

Hi TopBird and Smurf

I think I'm at the same stage you are TopBird. When you tellin 'em your preggers? :cheer: .......my eyelids are gonna shut in a min......u...t..e :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

That is a tough one..... guessing some time after my 12 week scan. I would like to tell my friends at work sooner but do not want to tell my boss yet as he is an insensitive idiot (see my post in valentines diary I think about his reaction to people telling them they are pregnant) the walls in this place have ears, so have to tell him first

I wish this forum did not come up with the word pregnant in the title bar at the bottom of my screen as I keep on typing long replies and then some one comes in and I have to close it - can't even just minimise!! how dare they interupt the important things in life!

When are you telling work?

hey - wake up!! :sleep:

Its a pain isn't it but I usually have several websites open at any one time so it tends to get hidden for me.

We've already told my Dad and 1 sister and her hubby cos they live in Ireland and we went home last weekend to see them all before Christmas. (We're staying in the UK for the holidays) We're telling DH's family on Christmas Day as we're all together at his mums, and We're telling my other sister on Boxing day when we go to visit her.

We've already told some of our friends. My feelings in telling everyone early is god forbid I loose this baby I wanted everyone to join in our celebration of getting pregnant cos they all know we're trying rather that telling them I was pg but I lost it. I had a miscarriage in May it was so hard telling everyone especially my dad I'd lost a baby without having the pleasure of announcing I was expecting and celebrating.

we have told our immediate family too, when I had my scare a few weeks ago was too hard to lie to everyone about why I was in hospital!! Is just work that are still baffled by my time off!!

Great Christmas present isn't it! :D

Isn't it just great what timing. I actually found out a day before my DH's birthday so kept my mouth shut until midnight. I've told a couple of people at work but doesn't really matter as I am a contractor and so won't get paid for any time off. The only people I haven't told are my contract house but will tell them after my 1st scan.

Hi

This is a bit of a tricky one...

I am a Fundraiser for a hospice and we have a new Director of Fundraising starting in February. I have told a few close friends at work, but nobody official about my preg. My friend told me to waite and see how the land lies with the new person before saying anything - she said be careful you're not overlooked for any jobs that may be coming up in the future. We've never actually had a Director of Fundraising before and everything is changing here.

It's a tough time and people will be competing a little bit about their responsibilities. I am dreading telling them a bit, but then I think to myself, *@ck it!, I run my own bloody life and it's my decision about whether I have a baby, not my employers!

I have told the immediate side of my family but we haven't told any of my hubbies family. His sister is having a terrible time with IVF at the minute and has had four goes which have all failed. His mother seems to be taking it all on her shoulders and is very upset about the whole thing. We've decided not to mention it at Christmas because that's all she'll be talking about. His sister and her husband are spending Christmas on their own because they are so upset. However, I want to tell my other sister in law cause she's a good friend of mine and can keep a secret. She's also a GP which is useful!!

Zo

Oh ZoeM that is difficult for you I really feel for you guys. I am sure you will know when the time is right to tell your Hubbies Sis and Mum. Hopefully she'll her lucky soon.

Yes - that is a tricky one... well you do not legally have to tell them until you are 25 weeks, so nowt they can do! I would sit tight and see what the new director's plans for you are first.

I am in a similar boat in that the company I work for is on a downward slide of late - lost some major business recently which has meant part of my job has disappeared. I have been nagging my boss for more responsibility, but as well as all his other faults he is exceptionally sexist too! If I tell hime before we have our "chat" I have been promised where I will be given some new projects to work on I fear I may be chatting to you guys on the internet during work time for months to come..... which great as it is, is not doing my career any favours! as he is unlikely to give me anything new to do!

Understand how you feel about your family too. My sister (who is also my best friend) has been trying for her second for nearly a year now and although they are not going through IVF or anything, I do feel a bit guilty for her as she is desperate for another child! I feel like I am rubbing it in her face a bit, which I am not....

:wave:

Well, we had our works Christmas do last night!!! My boss boss (not my boss!) had a few drinks and, noticing that I had stopped drinking after two halves of lager, kind of weedled the real reason why I wasn't drinking alcohol like everyone else out of me!!! :shock: She's a friend as well as my boss boss and she was actually really cool about the whole thing, being a mother herself!!

She will keep schtumm about it.

Zo

This is a tricky one I agree. I'm not telling my boss until after I've had the all clear from the 12 week nuchal scan and tests. I just don't want my business public before then because people start "offering" their opinions :(

I'm also aware how sometimes the company I work for can indirectly discriminate against pregnant women. I have a responsbile job and don't want to be sidelined because I'm having a baby. I intend to return to work when the baby is about 6 months and know I'll probably start working from home before that too.

I'm glad the law is on our side to say we don't have to tell until we are 25 weeks. At least then, if we want to, we can stay quiet :wink:

Sabrina
x

I told work after my 8 week scan, I found out at 4 weeks I was PG and bursting to tell all..

Also there wasa promotion in work, and it was between me and my pal who would get it..I was so frighened to tell them incase I didnt got it.....I told them and got the promotion

Luckily I have had a wondeful pregnancy and managed to work until Friday so I feel I have repaid their decision to promote me by working hard until my mat leave started

I told work after my 8 week scan, I found out at 4 weeks I was PG and bursting to tell all..

Also there wasa promotion in work, and it was between me and my pal who would get it..I was so frighened to tell them incase I didnt got it.....I told them and got the promotion

Luckily I have had a wondeful pregnancy and managed to work until Friday so I feel I have repaid their decision to promote me by working hard until my mat leave started

Zoe M - is Ok if she is going to keep it quiet.... is really hard not to tell people isn't it!! We did not have a Christmas do this year as there have been lots of redundancies so it was not deemed appropiate, was very relieved as I am known as a big drinker and live 10 mins walk from the hotel they always have the do in.

Zoe C - sounds like you work for a proper company! Hope all goes well for you - not long to go now :D

Hello :wave:

I told my boss the morning that I knew, as he is generally pretty cool with things (and I had to explain why I needed to come in late that day!!!). Also I work as staff in the police and the benefits the company has are amazing so I know that I would get treated really well. He told the two girls in Personnel and also the Head of Department, but otherwise no-one in the office knows. I was sorta worried about the other girls knowing, but there are strict confidentiality rules in place and if anybody else found out then it would be taken really seriously. It was all cool though as now I have women to speak to about it.
Maybe I was wrong to tell them so soon, but I just didn't want to be lumbered with heavy work or anything that might hurt the baby, so I thought it best they knew straight away so I could be put onto light duties.

I also work a couple of nights in a pub and I had to speak to the landlords, obviously, as I won't be able to continue working due to the weight of the work sometimes, the running around, and the smoke. I'll do anything to not hurt the baby, obviously!

You will know when is right for you. Hopefully your employers will understand and may be able to help you out by putting you on lighter duties, or giving you a maternity DSE Assessment so you're in the most comfortable deskspace, monitors and chairs!

All the best!
Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back