woo-hoo off to reykjavik!

trixipaws

Reaction score
to see the northern lights! :cheer:

not booked yet my boyf needs to get the time off from work but it will be VERY soon, in the next few weeks! i cannot wait, iv never been to iceland before always wanted to go. im soooo excited! :dance:

wow i'd love to see them, apparently they're stunning!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
wow you're so lucky! I've always wanted to go, see the Northern lights and have a dip in a hot pool!

How exciting! I've always fancied going in those hot pools they've got there!

You'll have a brill time, we went for our honeymoon a couple of years ago. We didn't get to see the northern lights but there are loads of brill things to do -I'd recommend going skidooing on a glacier, whale watching (boat trips from the harbour) and defo the thermal baths at the blue lagoon (luxury :D).

One thing to consider is that its really expensive to eat/ drink, a regular meal (like pizza express stylee or equivalent) will set you back £30-40. A pint costs £8-10!!!! :shock: Take some duty free with you to have in your hotel before venturing out, then perfect the art of making a drink last hours!!! Its what the icelanders do - they don't go out til 11-12pm after drinking at home first.

Have a brill time, let me know if you want any more tips :D

ooh, yes please! which are the best bars and clubs? we like dance clubs and stylish places like pacha, and we like the gay scene. to eat we love authentic oriental places. if thats any indication as to what types of places we like!?

did i read that right - you like the gay scene..?

can you even get gay eskimos?

it's eskimos that live in iceland right..? :think:

god i've got such a mental image in my head right now

ooh my OH would be so jealous hes always tried to get me to
go there he loves bands from finland..but i won't go anywhere colder
whan here-if i go on holiday its gonna be hot!

it sounds wicked though! hope you have a great time :cheer:

oops i've got confused with Finland and Iceland :oops:
i have no brain today!

Are the great northern lights in iceladn then??? i thought it was on the coast or something like blackpool lights lol

littlepip said:
Are the great northern lights in iceladn then??? i thought it was on the coast or something like blackpool lights lol

i thought they were in canada :oops:

leckershell said:
littlepip said:

i thought they were in canada :oops:

:rotfl: were both clueless maybe i should have listened in geography

trixipaws said:
ooh, yes please! which are the best bars and clubs? we like dance clubs and stylish places like pacha, and we like the gay scene. to eat we love authentic oriental places. if thats any indication as to what types of places we like!?

We didn't do any clubbing out there so can't help there, sorry (bit of a travesty really as the club scene is really big). Went to loads of really cool little bars but can't remember any names. God, not much use am I :|

A big bonus is the city is really small so if you stay centrally you'll be able to walk around and stumble into the bars and clubs. On the whole they tend to be little places, the best ones are always the ones that aren't advertised!

thanx fluffy bunny. dont worry littlepip and leckershell, i didnt kno u could see them from iceland either! we always wanted to go anyway coz of the music and club scene, but just found out that u can see the lights from there until 14 march. and the pics of them on the internet are very very pirdy :D
cant wait!

I think Damon Albarn (the lead singer from Blur) owned a bar in Rekjavik that was supposed ot be really good. I think there is also the ice bar but that might be in Sweden. The hot springs should be fantastic though. Lucky you!

I think the Northern Lights can be seen anywhere in within the Arctic Circle and also slightly more south so would include Iceland, Northern Europe, Siberia and Northern Russia as well as Alaska and Canada. I would love to go and see them.

Also I would love to go to Iceland, please take lots of pictures to show us :D

Aww, has made me go back and look at all my honeymoon pictures. A little taster for you :D

weddingjs078.jpg

Lucky you trix-I've always wanted to go to iceland...we were meant to be going with school last year but oh no everyone else wanted to go to new hampshire

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, even though if i went there i would spend most of the days in bed with a hangover and just come alive at night.......lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back