Womb too stiff for baby to grow

JuniKat

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am 11 weeks pregnant. I was told by doctor that my womb is too stiff for my baby to grow properly. I was placed on a course of progesterone supplement. I keep on getting painful cramps. So far, baby seems OK but I get the horror stories from the doctor that my baby may become deformed because of the stifness of the womb.
Has anyone experienced this condition?
is it safe or dangerous for the baby?
I am told that many women have this, but I cannot find any information about it in internet...I don't even know the name of the condition.
Can anyone help PLEASE!! :pray:

No advice babe as i've never heard of this...but your doctor doesn't sound very supportive..shouldn't they be trying to make you feel better?? :hug: :hug:

yes after reading your other posts hun your doctor sounds useless
can i ask how he knows your womb is stiff?
maybe ask to see some-one else? or a midwife?
manda xx

OMG :shock: poor you! Id definately go and see another doctor to get some good advice. I cant believe how bad some doctors are :x

My doctor sits and explains everything to me and even draws me diagrams sometimes ...its like a biology lesson!! :rotfl: Im in there ages but its exactly how it should be really.

Book an appointment tommorrow morning, ask to see someone else as an emergency & let us know how you get on :hug:

x x

I've never heard of this before. I'd see another doctor, your current one doen't sound very supportive :hug: :hug: :hug:

JuniKat said:
Hi everyone!
I am 11 weeks pregnant. I was told by doctor that my womb is too stiff for my baby to grow properly. I was placed on a course of progesterone supplement. I keep on getting painful cramps. So far, baby seems OK but I get the horror stories from the doctor that my baby may become deformed because of the stifness of the womb.
Has anyone experienced this condition?
is it safe or dangerous for the baby?
I am told that many women have this, but I cannot find any information about it in internet...I don't even know the name of the condition.
Can anyone help PLEASE!! :pray:

well ive been around 33 years and ivenever heard of that one. :shock:

Never heard of stiff womb, but a quick search on Google lists this story. It offers a throwaway comment about her son being a 6wk preemie due to stiff womb, but does say that there were no complications.

I would ask your doctor to explain in more detail why he thinks your womb is stiff and what that means for you and for your baby.

Scaring you with deformity stories is not reassuring! Ask to see a different doctor if you can.

What a lovely caring doctor. NOT! Im sorry to hear that however have you thought about getting a second opinion??

best wishes
x

being usless i asume not but did he write anything in ur pregnancy notes, a name or description?

Thanks everyone for the comments....I do agree that doctors can be insentive and you are too right in saying that I should get second opinion...
Can you believe...few weeks back I went for a scan and I was told that my baby has died!! Because she could not hear the baby's heart beat...she said the heart beat on the monitor was mine!!
I cried and cried...I also could not get through to my husband who was stuck in the aiport!!
I went to another clinic for a scan and I was told it was all OK, baby is growing well and is healthy!!!!!!!

I now found out that my condition is called persistent uterine hypertonus. It often occurs in third trimester when there is a haemorrage.
I have been prone to bleeding in my previous pregnancy so this may be why...I also have circulation problems...
I am on duphaston to stop bleeding...
Does anyone know how to improve the circulation to my womb? May be a good diet or supplement to encourage circulation during pregancy that is not dangerous?
Thanks!!

JuniKat said:
Does anyone know how to improve the circulation to my womb? May be a good diet or supplement to encourage circulation during pregancy that is not dangerous?
Thanks!!

Why not ask your GP to refer you to a nutritionist? I'm sure they would be well able to suggest an eating plan or supplement to help with this or maybe your GP his/herself or MW could help you in the right direction. I'd not like to suggest anything supplement wise if already on medication as no idea as to the effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back