Womans shelters?hostels??

Kas

Reaction score
HI guys ive been having MAJOUR fight with the OH over the past 10 days he aint accepting that the relationship is over. Hes become more verbally abusive and i realyl am struggling to cope now, i went to the houseing and the cant really help me. My Friend suggested i go to Social Services and tell them about the situation im in, ive never had to go near social services before and im scared that the might give me a social worker for my son, coz im having to leave his dad, can anyone give me advise, im stressed out to the max, and need to get away from him as soon as possible, hes chipping away at my self esteem. XkelX

My friend went to see Citizens Advice and they gave her a list of whom to contact about housing, benefits and all sorts. They are a good center of information for most areas.

Good luck babe.

x

If he's generally Abusive and this is the cause for the break-up you can move yourself to a woman centre for Abused Women, they don't just take the women who have been physically abused.

taken from a website:-

You can contact a refuge by ringing the 24 hour national domestic violence freephone helpline, 0808 2000 247, run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge who will arrange for a refuge to contact you as soon as possible to make the necessary arrangements.

Take care :hug:

Just to add they are extremly kind, considerate of all situations and they will help you to get all your housing, benifits, etc sorted and the women help/support each other.

Mental abuse is classed as the same as physical abuse.

Thanks, ive tried to call twice theres a que then it said ive to call back il keep tryin xkelx

Hun im so sorry i hope u soprt something :cry:

Sorry you are going through this, I am glad you are calling someone now as the option I gave is not as quick.

xx

Kas said:
HI guys ive been having MAJOUR fight with the OH over the past 10 days he aint accepting that the relationship is over. Hes become more verbally abusive and i realyl am struggling to cope now, i went to the houseing and the cant really help me. My Friend suggested i go to Social Services and tell them about the situation im in, ive never had to go near social services before and im scared that the might give me a social worker for my son, coz im having to leave his dad, can anyone give me advise, im stressed out to the max, and need to get away from him as soon as possible, hes chipping away at my self esteem. XkelX

whos house is it?
you have your son to house. Tell OH to leave for a few days to think things over.
why the heck should you go with your son?

i agree with budge.

good luck hun, what a horrible situation for you to be in. :hug:

Its his house and its bought on his name, all the furniture is mine, im still tryin to get thru on that number though XkelX

Kas, i do hope you get through and manage to sort something out.

:hug:

Any luck hun? How long have you been with him, you know common law now entitles you like if you were married, its if you have been living together for a certain amount of time, not sure how long, 6 years maybe? im sure someone knows?

Weve been 2gether for 3 yrs, it was Kaidens 1st birthday today so ive been to busy to try and call back and my OH is here all weekend wont get a chance til monday to call back again, ive told him im gonna leave and go to a shelter somewhere. He told his mum and she tried to have a 'calm youreself down' talk with me, well it aint her who has to put up with him, even though she has been and the forefront of his abuse several times too, shes saying we should go to relate. Oh is waiting on anger management councillor and weve just had a baby, moved house, went through court battles to see his son, plus hes been suspended from work for 4 months now, and hes really strugglin to pay bills. I dont know if i should fight to save the relationship i dont think i have the energy anymore. Im gonna go see social services monday see what they can do as well. I think no matter what happens with us i have to have my own house again, then maybe a while down the line have alook to see if anything can be resvolved with our relationship xkelx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back