Wisdom Tooth removal

Emma22

Reaction score
Happy new year to you all! Hope you are all doing well :hug:

Im due to have one of my top wisdom teeth removed on monday and im a bit scared and nervous about it, obviosuly more so due to being pg. dentist said its fine and not a problem and it will be done with just an injection, asked my midwife and she advised against it but then i told her it was decaying and she then said i should as risk of infection was high. does it really hurt and has anyone else had major dental work when pg? :?

hey

Ive not had wisdom tooth removed while pregnant but have had one removed and it doesn't really hurt as long as they dont start till the anesthetic kicks in lol - the only thing is the ''squeeking'' noice you can hear where there pulling it out!

I had a filling removed (was ment to then get a root canal but it was agony and turned out I dont need one) and for a temp filling in t'other week and it hurt no more/less than when ive had fillings removed/put in when im not pregnant!

Oh and dont know why your mW said to not get it done as its fine, its only MAJOR dental ops that they recommend agains - fillings (supposedly not mecury ones but this is also debatable) tooth extraction and root canals are all fine to have done in pregnancy!

I've got a dead tooth (I have a sinus abcess - I think that's what it's called - where the dead material is leaking out of the tooth via the gum.) My dentist said don't worry until after the baby's born. It doesn't hurt at all so I was really chuffed not to have to go through that extraction for a while.

I had a wisdom tooth out just over a year ago and it was really painful (not while in the chair, but afterwards). I looked like a hamster that was about to explode. I didn't realise how traumatic it would be and came straight back to work on the Monday after I'd had it done on the Saturday, felt really rough! I think it all depends on how easy it is to get the tooth out. Mine had to pulled out with the dentist having his knee on my chest and a huge pair of plier things twisting the tooth out :shock: My tooth was growing horizontally rather than straight out though! I'm sure yours will be more straightforward.

Hiya, I had an impacted wisdom tooth last year and they decided to take two out on my left side but as it was so bad I went and had it done at a private hospital where Iwould be put to sleep. So I didn't notice a thing, apart from after! I lookedlike something off of bo selecta!! I didn't realise how sore I would be after either and attempted to go to work on the Monday (I had it done on the Friday) and I got sent home as I couldn't string a sentence together (I was doped up to the eyeballs on various pain relief, anti biotics and anti sickeness tablets!) given my job I was a liability so I didn't go back till the Thursday of Friday! I think I suffered because it was two, so hopefully you will be quite straightforward, I would have a couple of days off though to sit and feel sorry for yourself :hug:

:shock: oh no, thanks for the vote of confidence girls! :D

hopefully it qill be quite strightforward, its not impacted or anything and growing straight just decaying. :pray:

ooh, I didn't mean to worry you!!! You should be fairly straightforward though otherwise they would knock you out for it!!

Aww sorry hun, i hope they get it out quick for you and its not 2 painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back