Wisdom Teeth...

MissGobby

Reaction score
... i think i might be getting one through :shock: its right at the back on the top, i can feel a bit of the tooth coming through my gums and it hurts!!!!!

im sooo scared now, my mum says most of them have to be taken out :shock: and i HATE the dentist so i really dont want that to happen!!!

anyone else got/had wisdom teeth?!?

:|

i had some come through this year, there so painful!! :cry:

I had a couple come through last year......painful at the time but they're fine now.

My friend is in hospital today having hers out :shock:

All 4 of mine have come through in the past 2 years - they are fine.
They don't have to come out!
ONly if they cause problems - mine are fine atm!

3 of mine came through, 2 of them gave me BIG problems and had them taken out, other one is still there and no probs (touch wood). all came through YEARS ago!!!!

PHEW!!! lets hope this little bugger isnt painful then :lol:

My wisdom tooth top right is missing, it just never appeared, never showed up on the x-ray etc thus I figure mum never gave me enough teeth making genes when she was preggy! Top left came through no problems. Bottom right came through and needed to come out (didn't hurt, no pain with it just told it was sitting at a stupid angle and would end up rotting my molars if it didn't come out so out it came all's been fine). Bottom left is what they call "partially erupted" meaning half up and half to come. It's been like that for YEARS though so I dont think it's got any intention of growing more what so ever!! :)

Don't fret about wisdom teeth I know the initial coming through part is sore, your gums will feel hot etc - now we know why babies cry when they are teething! Just use bonjella and in a day or two it will settle down. If it starts to feel overly sore though get it checked as sometimes they become infected (bits of food get into cracks in the gum and can't get out again despite brushing etc) and you will need 3-4 days of antibiotics to clear it up...the really are nothing to worry about though xx

I got all mine through a while ago and I wish I could turn back time and get them all taken out when they were coming through!! I have had nothing but trouble with my wisdom teeth and they have led to problems with my other teeth. I would advise anyone to have their wisdom teeth out because they can cause alot of misery!!

lol - bless you hun
There is no way I would have mine out... waaay too scary- they are ok sat there right now, fingers crossed they stay that way!!

Hey Chick, They rarely take em out they only like to do so if they are really painful or growing wrong so u'll prob be ok.

Mine grew in stages, they would hurt for a few days then be ok for a couple months.... dunno if everyones do that?

I've had 2 of mine out, 1 is through and one is part way through and hasnt grown for bout 12 months :lol:

yep both mine are there... there grow every once and a while :(

snice i've bee pregnant and chewing on the tissue there have grown more :( :(

MissGobby said:
... i think i might be getting one through :shock: its right at the back on the top, i can feel a bit of the tooth coming through my gums and it hurts!!!!!

im sooo scared now, my mum says most of them have to be taken out :shock: and i HATE the dentist so i really dont want that to happen!!!

anyone else got/had wisdom teeth?!?

:|

I know its scary, but GET IT OUT !!!

I had awfull tooth pain with two of mine and sufferd terribly with the pain, a few mins of pain from the dentist is nothing compared to the pain youll get with these buggers!!!

I had all of mine through by the age of 16 or 17 (forget the exact age). None of them hurt very much at all. Two of them I didn't even realise I had through until the dentist told me. Then the other two hurt a very little bit - no worse than a mild mouth ulcer though - and that was that.

They cause me no problems whatsoever!

I'm pretty lucky.

I had really bad problems with my wisdom teeth last year - They had been part through for years and I was getting infection after infection in my back left wisdom tooth. I kept going to the dentist who kept fobbing me off with antibiotics, until one day I spat out a piece of it. I was in agony. I went back to the dentist and demanded an xray - which he didnt want to give me, and kept telling me that I couldnt have spat out a piece of my tooth, becuase it looks fine. When he did the xray it turns out, the bit that was under my gum had completly decayed and broken up. I then had to wait 6 weeks - on very strong pain killers, to have it removed under sedation, which was just like being drunk! and it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I thought.

I have now switched dentists and have since had a filling the the wisdom tooth on the other side-which my old dentist also said was fine! and touch wood have had no problems since!

First sign of any problems have them taken out!

ive got all my now and i didnt have any pain
mine were coming in at an angle and so my dentist had 2 remove the teeth they were going to hit otherwise i would of been in absolute agony!

Its better going to the dentist becaise it will hurt alot more if u leave them

i got all 4 of mine, they do blahdy hurt dont they! i was worried i'd need to have them removed as i'd already had permanent teeth removed when i was little as not enough room in my mouth, but i guess my jaws have grown since then so theres room for them to stay. i'd ask the dentist s/he might just reassure u that u dont need them removed.

well it came through a bit, then stopped hurting but now it is coming through even more and is really giving me some pain, its awful - i cant even eat on that side of my mouth, it hurts when i smile - everything i am in constant pain here grrrrrr :(

me too lol
all i can do is put the bonjela on
painkillers

mouthwash and drinkin plenty of ice cold water
or puuting ice on it

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i couldnt sleep last night, my mouth is swollen, i cant eat, drink or swallow and im in constant pain i dont know what to do, just want to cry!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back