Wind/Colic...

noodle1

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this so hope it is in the right place!

My baby is 4 weeks old, he has always been a bit colic-y but not too bad. He is bottle fed and normally goes about 3 hours between feeds in the day.

Over the last 2 days he is only going for about 2 hours before screaming in pain. I think he has pains in his tummy.

He doesn't bring his wind up fully after a feed no matter how long I wind him for.

I use infacol and dr browns bottles, what else can I do?

:think:

Suggestions appreciated!

have you tried gripe water i beleive you can use it from 1 month onwards.

Becky&Willow said:
have you tried gripe water i beleive you can use it from 1 month onwards.

Thanks Becky, no I haven't tried that, I will!!

x

give it a go if that doesent work then im not sure what else to try, so best speck to your health visitor. give gripe water a go first though, you will need to use a mediciene saringe

bailey has had tummy ache and was screaming etc, gripe water is working wonders for him.. give it a try you will see the difference, i only give bailey 2.5 mls as well :hug:

Nikki, also try Colief. You can get it from Boots. It's about £9.95 for a tiny bottle but it lasts ages and it really did the trick with Tom.
L x

Thanks Lucy, I'll try that.

Tom has been ok so far today but always tends to be worse in the evenings.

xx

Something which works for me is tummy massage. Just a bit of baby lotion on your hands, (nice and warm hands) and soft rubbing, using circular movements, paying special attention to lower belly. to simplify the motions, which are a bit difficult to explain, make it say ten "circles" in each direction. If you do this after a bath, nice and slow, it is really relaxing and is good for baby even when there is no colic! Hope it helps, as I know how frustrating it is when your little one is upset and you feel you cant make him/her better.

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back