• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

willing time to pass!

missie151

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to the forum so not entirely sure how this works!
Anyway I feel I need to voice this somewhere, so even if nobody reads this maybe it will do me some good anyway!

Basically Im going crazy waiting.

I've desperately wanted to try for a baby for years but my OH wants to wait until we finish our medical training. I can understand his point of view. . .but the thought of waiting another 3plus years before we even ttc is driving me crazy. . . Along with all my friends around me becoming parents, I just want to be a mum!

Can anyone relate to this. . .its so hard waiting, wanting something so much and knowing its out of reach.,with not even a clear end in sight!

Hope everyone is well.
X x x

I know how you feel. We were TTC last year but nothing happened. Then we decided to go to Florida to be married and start trying again while we are there. It has been a long wait..i know there are ladies waited alot longer. Every month trying not to think about when im OV and judging my CM etc. I had to pack away my OV kit, preg tests and thermometer!!! :wave: Only got 8 weeks to go or another 2 cycles. Cant wait to 5th Sept ( my wedding Day) !!

Congratulations. I bet you're well excited with the wedding coming up! I just wish i had a final date, whereas i can see us reaching 3 years and then OH extending it again to put career first! Hope you're well!

Yes, I am but I feel its never going to arrive. :oooo: Its the last bit i feel is dragging. It flew by at the start. I wouldnt worry, when the 3 years has passed you will both be ready. :)

Three years seems like a long time but yiu will get there! Do you think your oh will move the goal posts in 3 years? Have you tried to have a proper chat about how you feel about it? Maybe if he knew how much your really want to be a mum he would bring the date forward?

Furryheart hope you have a fantastic wedding!!!

hi there, I have only read you post and non of the others, I feel I can somewhat relate to you, I applied for my PGCE and unfortunately didn't get on, so I sat down with the other half and said, listen, why does life have to be put on hold, there are enough people with kids now who are able to have a career and a child at the same time, so we decided we'd start trying early next year, simply because, life is too short and there is never a good time to have a baby, i've always been told, if you plan a baby you probably wont ever get around to it, life doesn't have to run on time, having a baby is just another obstacle :) as long as you can provide for baby and give it the love it needs, whats stopping you, a career can come in later life, x

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm struggling with waiting because I have no idea when we're going to be able to TTC as I have no periods currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back