Will this get easier?

nikkif

Reaction score
Charlotte has a bottle at 6-30 to 7 then we put her to bed. She will go to sleep but only after screaming then us going in every few minutes to reassure her. We know there is nothing wrong its like she just doesnt want to be put down to sleep.. We are really perservering but will it get easier?? Any one else have/had this problem??

Also she is the same during the day she might seem tired but if i put in moses basket she wakes up and screams. She will sleep fine in car or pram!

Any tips?? thanks

Yes, it does get easier. Another few weeks and I bet she settles better. You are right, she just doesnt like being put down but at bedtime thats whats got to happen. You are doing the right thing going in every few mins to reassure. She will soon cotton on that its all okay.

It will definitely get easier.

One thing that worked for me was giving Brody bedtime "cues."
He has always had tea, play, bathtime, bottle/cuddle book, growbag, bed.

Also, try to get her off to bed at the first sign of tiredness, so as soon as she rubs her eyes or yawns get her to bed quick.
As soon as she starts fighting it you may be fighting a losing battle.

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
a set routine is working 4 us- bath, baby lotion & talc, sleepsuit & grobag, milk, bed (all in subdued lighting!)
also try placing ur hand on her tummy for a while after u put her down so she feels reassured
good luck xx

nikkif said:
Charlotte has a bottle at 6-30 to 7 then we put her to bed. She will go to sleep but only after screaming then us going in every few minutes to reassure her. We know there is nothing wrong its like she just doesnt want to be put down to sleep.. We are really perservering but will it get easier?? Any one else have/had this problem??

Also she is the same during the day she might seem tired but if i put in moses basket she wakes up and screams. She will sleep fine in car or pram!

Any tips?? thanks

im not sure what to say. if shes not getting hysterical and really upset when you leave her in her cot then i would keep with that you are doing.
If shes getting really distressed then id have to say i would pat her to sleep with me either in my bed or downstaris.

i hate to hear mine cry though. they cry for a reason IMO.

we would never leave her to get hysterical or anything but as she always does settle after crying on and off it really does make me think its just not wanting to be put down thats the problem and nothing else is wrong.

Does everyone think that there is always a reason for them crying? There are times when i check all the usual and she is still crying and the only thing left is that maybe she is tired as i know she fights it??
x

nikkif said:
we would never leave her to get hysterical or anything but as she always does settle after crying on and off it really does make me think its just not wanting to be put down thats the problem and nothing else is wrong.

Does everyone think that there is always a reason for them crying? There are times when i check all the usual and she is still crying and the only thing left is that maybe she is tired as i know she fights it??
x

if its bothering u that she cries then why not try patting her to sleep in your arms? :hug:

Budge - i am just concerned about her not being able to settle on her own and will that not cause problems for the future? Maybe she is too young for it to matter?

Last night however she lay in cot wide awake and content for about 20 mins then the next time we checked she was asleep! Hopefully it wasnt just a one off!! I just have to get her to be able to settle herself during day and after night feeds more easily

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back