Will OPKs work when Im breastfeeding

BunnyN

Reaction score
Ive had kind of a surprise. I may just have got my period 6 weeks after birth. I have mixed feelings about it. I was looking forward to a while without a period but we also wanting to TTC again before too long and thought BF might stop that happening for quite a while, but prehaps not! Anyway i was thinking about testing this time around, not because I had problem getting pregnant last time but my scan dates were out by a week from what l thought last time so I thought it would be interesting to know when I ovulated if I do get pregnant. Plus it might help me work out whats going on with my cycle now. The MW thinks its a periodbut did say its very unusual to get it so soon when exclusively BFing.

So my question is how will BFing effect O tests, can I use them like normal or will the hormones mess with the results?

I'm basing this on no evidence but I think they should be fine

I've not had a period yet and I'm bfing and I've done opks for a month with barely more than a squinted of a line.

What I will say though is that my bleeding stopped and came back around the 6 week mark then disappeared again

How long was your bleeding stopped for before it started again? Thats what I thought was happening to me at first but I hadnt had any bleeding in 4 weeks so the midwife thinks its my period. Im still not sure but I thought testing for O would help me know whats going on.

Last edited:
I can't remember ... A few weeks maybe?

I'd do the OPK's see if it shows anything x

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member