• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why...

Ally1979

Reaction score
is it comfy to sleep on my left hand side but soooooo uncomfy to sleep on my right hand side???

Hi i find this is the case to.

Ive cut and pasted an article i found maybe that explains it.

"There are some people in the medical profession who believe that lying on your right hand side is best avoided while you are pregnant. You have a major vein, called the vena cava, on this side that is responsible for taking blood back to the heart and pressure on this may reduce your blood supply and cause dizziness. If possible position yourself in bed on your left-hand side. "

Also if you lie on your left, you are less likely to get heartburn!!
(maybe not so when your in late pregnancy ha nothing stopped heartburn then for me ha)

I lie on my left too.

I've read that same thing about pressure on the vein when you lie on your right too. When the baby is a bit bigger all the books I've read recomend lying on your left to stop the baby putting pressure on the vein and decreasing your blood flow.

Personally I think it's more comfortable to lie on my left because then I'm facing into the room and not into the centre of the bed so I don't feel as claustrophobic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back