WHY???

Well, there's nothing to say except good luck! I don't feed cahal when he cries but do lift him out of his cot which I know is a bad habit in itself. I must admit I'm not an advocate of controlled crying, plus I know he can sleep through just fine so I'll just see how we get on for now. I hope you have a good night! X

I didnt think LO should be having a feed in the night but then again because he is teething i try dummy once if that doesnt work then teething gel on the dummy if that dont help then a beaker of milk to settle him, Im half asleep sometimes that i dont know whats up with him although he does wake in the night but half sleep crying so i gather my LO's gums are hurting. Once ive been up a few times in the night im that tired i cant keep count anymore.
I also tried having a sleep this afternoon when LO was sleep in his cot but the dog barked in the back yard an woke little man up :( i was bit grumpy by then lol x

Lil man went bed at 7 an woke at 10 in serious mouth ache i reckon. Nothing was settling him he didnt appear interested in the bottle or the dummy so i gave him gel an he was still crying :( next attempt to check his nappy so changed that still he was crying so in the end i gave him nurofen just hope hes not strugglin tonight an then he sleeps better cos all this sortin his gums our is draning an is quitesad cos i cant seem to help him in the way id like to :( x

Oh bless him, teething really is horrible! We are doing better than last night so far, went down at 7, resettled at 9 and not a peep since. How is the controlled crying going Erin? X

I know the nuropfen wont last long as he ends up spewing back up when he wakes. I reckon he willwake about 3 now. I dread going bed now i dont mean that to sound horrible but its tiring lol. I had to let him cry it out in the end aswell its hard to hear him when he cant settle but its either than or go stern crazy x

Aww, poor baby!! Ive heard teething can be horrible. Emily doesnt have any yet but thats another thing to look forward to!!!!

She went down at 7 and not heard a peep from her yet. That's always the way it is though, as soon as the clock hits 3am ANYTHING can happen. I'm dreading going to sleep because I know in gonna wake up frustrated :-(

Aww, poor baby!! Ive heard teething can be horrible. Emily doesnt have any yet but thats another thing to look forward to!!!!

She went down at 7 and not heard a peep from her yet. That's always the way it is though, as soon as the clock hits 3am ANYTHING can happen. I'm dreading going to sleep because I know in gonna wake up frustrated :-(

I spoke too soon!!! She is SCREAMING the place down! Feel really bad for our neighbours!

Oh dear...I hope she settled back down again for you ok!

Here we are again, wide awake bang on 4:30...he's trying to poke my eyes out as I type lol!

I hope all your little ones settle down soon, really feel for you xx

I'm tired!!! She cried from 11 until 1 with us going in every 10 mins. EVENTUALLY fell asleep then I woke up at 7.30 to her chatting away to herself, which I've not had in a while ;-)

Did you get back to sleep inky? X

I'm tired!!! She cried from 11 until 1 with us going in every 10 mins. EVENTUALLY fell asleep then I woke up at 7.30 to her chatting away to herself, which I've not had in a while ;-)

Did you get back to sleep inky? X

Hopeully she will have learned now and be back to normal. I did controlled crying (I was a wreck!) for two nights a few months ago and I only had to do 2 nights and he was back to sleeping through, hope it's the same for Emily xxx

Thanks Zazu, good to hear it works for people. I'm hoping not to have to do it again tonight, think I'm kidding myself! X

Yeah got back to sleep at about 5:30, didn't last long tho, we were up by 6!

well another tough night for me also. he went bed at 7 he woke at 11 an then again half 12 an i cant remember the last time i woke up cos id woke so many times :( although all i remember this morning him bangin his beaker on the cot loudly. he went with grandma this morning but i didnt wana sleep even though my body is over tired :/
better look tonight girls x

It's working :). She woke up at 11.30 last night, rob went in and put her music on and we didn't hear another peep until 6.30 :). YAY!! She obviously knows from the night before that we are not going to just come in and lift her.

so pleased emily has improved Hun xx

We had a good night too :) I'm pretty sure it's his teeth I can see two little bulges in his top gum so hopefully won't be long before they're poking through!

She's going through the night again :) BUT waking up at 5am! We are trying controlled crying but she actually cried for so long the other morning that it was time to get up anyway! So we lifted her, does that means she thinks she has won? I don't know!!

How are you getting on inky?? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back