What else can i try? am so upset

nikkif

Reaction score
Charlotte was sleepng through most night for 3 weeks -8p.m till 6/7 am.
SHe has started teething but it doesnt seem to bother her pain wise too much during the day.

The last week has been awful. SHe is going to sleep as usual but waking between 1 and 3 times a night. When i 1st go in she actually isnt really awake, just crying in her sleep but if we do not try and settle her quickly sje wakes herself up crying. The other day she did this and was awake 4 till 6, just wide awake, crying refusing to sleep.

We have tried

-giving calpol before bed
-giving calpol when she wakes
-increasing milk during day
-teething gels etc
-letting her cry it out but she wakes fully and will not settle

ANd last night i gave her calpol but she was awake at 1, 4, and 5.45, and still exhausted at 5.45.

I am at the end of my tether, i do n ot think she is hungry but do not know what else to try. I am so tired that i do not feel i am enjoying her and feel tearful all the time.

Thanks fo any advice

what about the medised. Im not in favour of doping kids up but when they are upset and not sleeping to the point your is and you think its the teeth then where is the harm. I dont do it much but if I think it will deliver some relief and help them get a better rest then I will.

Could it be possible that Charlotte is ready to start weaning? They say, that if a baby starts waking up at nights, its the first sign.... :hug:

We tried medised last night but she still was crying in her sleep at 1a.m :(

She is all smiley usually when she fully wakes in the morning-this makes me think it is not a hunger thing or could it still be? :hug:

It sounds exactly like what Maddison was doing. We started weaning her and she hasnt woke up in night since :wink:

She could be having a growth spurt which has upset her routine. Charlie used to go through a phase of this every few months until he was about 12 months old and it was more the disturbed nights that sent us loopy :cry: !!!
Sometimes its just perserverance and we ended up taking turns to sleep on his floor next to the cot for a few nights just to reassure him then before we knew it he was sleeping sound again :roll:

I'm suggesting what has recently worked with Isaac because he too was terrible at sleeping, for many months, but it may have worked with him because he's older, I don't know.

I would introduce a dummy if she doesn't have one, her feeding is established so it shouldn't interfere with her, but it will be a great comforter for her if she takes it.

When you put her down in her basket/cot, leave the room and give her a minute or two if you can, if she doesn't settle get ready for a long night because you then need to comfort her by placing your hand on her tummy, or stroking her face, or gently bouncing the mattress, but do not talk to her or put on any lights. Make sure your OH or someone else is there to support you as it can be hard, but agree before you do it who's doing what, maybe intoduce a musical cot toy, so its something she can associate with sleep time?

It will not happen in a night, and you may find if she gets too upset she needs to be picked up, that's fine, she's so young still and your her Mummy and know when she needs you for comfort. But always stay near her cot, and once you've settled her, put her back in her cot and repeart as above.

Failing all that, you will have her up whenever she wants, and probably asleep on or with you. I just re-read that and it sounds quite harsh, I'm just trying not to write a blimming essay. I've plenty experience of being up for hours and not sleeping because of Isaac so I only offer from experience, you will find what works for you. I wish I'd tried the above myself earlier but I could never let Isaac cry, plus he didn't cry, he screamed!! Still does, but now only for up to 5mins, then a 2nd visit to him in his cot and he's asleep and fine :hug: very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back