Why!!! update

bonny

Reaction score
Are things never simple. :shakehead:

I was watching Tv in bed last night with OH and got up to pee, well after id done i stood up and felt a gush down there it was about a mug full all over the bathroom floor, so definatly not niagra falls but enough to make me suspect it might be my water, Sooo off i plod to get looked at this morning at the assesment unit. Told them what had happned got hooked up to the heart monitor thing had wee and blood preasure checked all fine apart from protine and sugar in my urine.

MW then did a speculum (sp) thing and said it didnt look like my waters had gone and i could go home and make an appointment with my own MV for later in the week just to keep and eye on things.

So here i sit cramping like made tired as hell, convinced i didnt pee
myself as i had just been and it still feels like its dripping now TMI sorry

Anyone had this, and does anyone know why i would have protine and sugar in my wee. :think:

Update

Saw MW this morning and im off back to have it checked again, she seems to think that my waters have gone :? and as its been more than 24 hrs she wants it checked again.

Hmm sounds odd. Sounds like you could be in early stages of labour but I'm guessing if they did the test to see if your waters had gone and they'd not then...... WHO KNOWS!

If you're worried, I'd call again!

I have heard that you should go and pee so you are completely empty then put on clean pants/pad and go and lie down flat in bed for 30 mins or so then stand up and see if any comes out- if you are leaking it will pool in your vagina and come out when you stand up.

If you are suspicious I would go and get checked again as you don't want to go to long and infection to set in.

I would avoid baths too just in case

Hopefully not long now til LO here :hug:

I've been in an out of hospital a few times since about 20 weeks because I've suspected my waters have gone a bit, and each time I've had a speculum and was told it's not my waters. I have low fluid anyway, and the last time I went in with quite a leak they'd even suggested I'd wet myself. Then at my next fluid check my waters had gone right down again. I would say get checked again, especially if you're cramping too. Hope things happen for you soon!

did they do a scan to check if you still had some fluid?

There are a few reasons you could have protein and sugar - it must not have been much to say she wasnt concerned - if I was you I would ring the assessment unit - say you are a little concerned and see what they advise?

Does sound like your waters to me and if you've started cramping since then you may even be in the early stages of labour.

If its your waters you'll wet a pad in an hour apparantly.

i know you have forewaters and hind waters, when they check with a speculum it'll turn black if you're waters have gone or if you're leaking but not sure which waters they check for or even if its both

keep us updated

I would ring the hospital again, explain what has happened and that your now getting cramps, better to be safe hun. Good luck!

My own MW is coming in the morning so ill have a chat to her, im not soaking a pad now its just a little trickly iykwim. Iv decided to spend the day sat on the sofa not doing anything :wink:

You would think as this is my 3rd id know what is happening, just goes to show every pregnancy is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back