Why is she hitting me??

Melly+2

Reaction score
Hope has got into hitting me, she will just walk up and smack me whether it bo on the leg, arm and her personal favourite, my face :x Im at my wits end with it, ive tried everything, telling her sternly, which makes her cry and then she just does it even harder, a tiny tap on her danny, that doesnt work, and putting her in bed for 5 mins for a time out but none of this is working, what can i do, im at the point that i really dont like being round her sometimes, how aweful is that :cry: :wall:

aww hun :hug: I have no advice cos I haven't got to that stage yet but wanted to give you a :hug:

Usually its frustration. Tia still occasionally hits/hurts me... but only when she is extremely frustrated about something and is unable to vocalise it.

It has to do with hurting the ones you love and knowing that they aren't going to leave you I believe.

If Tia does it to me, I'll push her away and just refuse to speak or talk to her... I'll even walk away from her. I think it scares her into thinking that mummy might just not love her if she keeps hurting me. Although thats not true and I've never said that..

Like you, smacking back, shouting, room time never really did very much for her, but the threat of mummy walking away.. that really tugged on her heart strings.

Don't get me wrong, she still does it, but not as bad.. and now I can almost directly link it to her biological dad being an idiot. :roll:

We have a similar problem, though hitting isn't too bad but her bitting is getting quite bad. She has bitten the top of my arm quite a few times while I have been holding her, in such a way as I can't stop her without literally dropping her. I ended up screaming at her so that she releases her teeth. We have been putting her down, telling her off, and then turnign away from her and busying ourself with something. She then crys and I give her a cuddle to "accept" her apology. I don't know if it is working. I really think she is too young for the naughty step and she doesn't understand enough detail of what we say to her yet.

Arianna went through a stage of this for about a month, but if I just look upset and walk away from her she bursts into tears and comes running after me wanting a hug.... she VERY rarely does it now.

It's not very often Nathan does it but if he does I just ignore him for a while. Usually after 5mins he will come over for a kiss :lol: lol

Gabs went through this stage too and it was definitely out of frustration.
Once she hit me I would look at her and say quite sternly "Never hit Mummy; we don't hit people; it's not nice" and I would leave it at that; the next time it happened; I repeated this and she looked at me and stroked my face and said "ahhh". (I think this was her way of apologising)

She hasn't done this for a while *Touches wood* but she was doing it almost daily for a few weeks. After each time though she would do the stroking face thing and saying "Ahh".

I think it's hard to know what to do for the best but the only advice I have is whenever Gabs does something wrong, I will always explain why I don't want her to do it; rather than just saying "No" I feel an explanation helps her to understand more. I always try to remain calm and this usually rubs off onto her too.

My gosh I am writing an essay here!!!!

Good luck hun and I hope she stops soon :hug:

Louie does this too, he also pulls my hair & throws things at people, like really hard big toys & stuff, just throws them straight at peoples heads & stuff :oops:
its so embarassing, i just ignore him as i don't really think he understands me telling him off.
i read somewhere that a child under 18 mths doesn't know right from wrong & therefore to discipling is pointless? :think:

Louie knows though, coz earlier Josh & Louie were in the bath together & Louie was throwing bath toys at Joshs head & then cuddling him saying 'aahhh bubba''!!!
little monkey :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back