Why is it...

LaurLaur

Reaction score
..That before you start TTC, you don't really notice all the pregnant people, or whatever, but as soon as you start, everyone, or so it seems, is either pregnant, or having babies?

In the last 4 days, I have found out that my cousin, who was told previously she couldn't have children naturally, is pregnant. Very early days, but Im over the moon for her! And also, one of my best friends from school. Again, Im very happy for her.

But I feel really, really upset that it might not happen for us. I feel like such a cow. Sorry, I guess I'm having one of those "down" nights, which have become much more common in the last week or so! :cry:

:hug: We all feel the same. Your not alone hun. The waiting every month is the worst bit by far. Try to keep your chin up and fingers crossed :hug:

just don't go out the house, or switch on tv, or listen to the news on the radio - babies and pregnant people are everywhere!! all the cute little kiddies on adverts etc. just make me extra doubley broody! you're right, you never notice til tyou want one then they just keep getting pregnant!

Is it my imagination or does every single programme on tv today have a baby in it....

Eastenders - poorly baby (had a little cry - don't even watch Eastenders it just happens to be on before Holby)

Holby - woman doesn't want her baby (another small crying episode - very quiet and dignified honest)

Sex and the City - pregnancy scans and woman not being excited about having her baby (managing not to cry at present!)

COULD WE HAVE A NON-CHILD RELATED PROGRAMME PLEASE????

I am so glad I found this place. Honestly, before I felt like I was the only one who felt this way. I don't even think Matt understands how it is. His attitude atm is that if I'm pregnant this month, then he will be over the moon, but if I'm not then we keep trying.

For me, it's more than that. I feel like if I'm not pregnant this month, then I will be devastated. I have such a silly attitude, but when you want something so much, it is hard! :cry:

I have no patience at the best of times, but this is pure evil! :wall:

Oh, and I have started to CRY at the adverts with babies on! :oops: The worst one is the Pampers one for Newborn Tetanus. :oops: Gets me every time without fail..!

babyblonde said:
Is it my imagination or does every single programme on tv today have a baby in it....

Eastenders - poorly baby (had a little cry - don't even watch Eastenders it just happens to be on before Holby)

Holby - woman doesn't want her baby (another small crying episode - very quiet and dignified honest)

Sex and the City - pregnancy scans and woman not being excited about having her baby (managing not to cry at present!)

I agree, and why is every baby in EVERY show, either a result of a one night stand, an unwanted pregnancy, or people just get pregnant. There is never anyone TRYING for a baby. That makes me angry too! :cry:

I have to turn that one off at the moment - and the water aid advert too :cry:

gets me too!

my hubby's the same. he would be over the moon if I got pregnant but while I'm not he's fine - nothing we can do apart from keep on trying after all! damm those logical and reasonable men!!

LaurLaur said:
babyblonde said:

I agree, and why is every baby in EVERY show, either a result of a one night stand, an unwanted pregnancy, or people just get pregnant. There is never anyone TRYING for a baby. That makes me angry too! :cry:

I wondered tht today too. none actually spends any time at all trying on tv! (apart from charlotte in sex and the city) and it's so annoying that they can all just have kids straight away (fiction and real)!! and that some people on the news abandon their babies/ mistreat them etc!

The other one that gets to me, is the one with the man, in the chair with the baby, and he looks at the baby and says something like "Hello Little fella, I'm your Dad!" :cry: :cry: I have to turn that one over!!

If only we could be as reasonable as our men hey. :lol:

It does annoy me that babies just appear on the TV. And the abandoning and mistreating babies, that makes me feel sick. Really, really sick! :evil:

Ironically, the one that is getting me the most at the moment is the

can you afford to guess the result of your pregnancy test???

Reminds me of the stupid doctor in the hospital who tried to tell me I was too stupid to read a pregnancy test :evil:

At this rate, I might as well just give up on tv.....

I watched Cloverfield the other day, nothing upset me about that.....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Massive hugs to everyone!!

This TTC lark is emotionally draining isn't it?

I fancy another Pepsi! LOL!

I know exactly what you mean. Everyone I know seems to be pregnant or just had a baby.

My best friend's daughter has just found out she's pregnant and I'm so overjoyed at her news but a little part of me thought 'no fair'!!

I was visiting my MIL at the weekend and her magazines had loads on pregnancy ~ not sure if that's normal tho as never normally read them. I'm hoping that the normal synchronicity in my life is going to happen and it's a sign!!

Oh dear goddess...i really and truly am loosing the plot :rotfl:

I think things like that too. I mean, if everyone else is getting pregnant, then surely I will too. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back