why is it happening?

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
ive been more vigilant in checking Rileys latch. and he does appear to take a big mouthful (most of the time lol) but it is still really painful. could it be he has a strong suck? or that my nipples arent healing?

i thought it would be getting better by now. but im still in absolute agony :(

its starting to get me down. because i half feel i dont want to do it now because of the pain. then i get down about that, as i do want to succeed :wall:

i also think he bites sometimes. especially when coming off, he seems to clamp down. so ive started breaking the seal with my finger and removing him. but this wont help my poor nipples :(

Bless you it's so painful isn't it? :hug:

I know not everyone agrees but have you tried nipple shields? I used them for when Brody was 2 weeks up till 5 and a half weeks as my nipples were really bad and he just couldn't get the hang of latching on properly.

When my nipples had healed and I stopped using the shields he latched on perfect and I had no more problems! :cheer:

yes i have tried them. i used them when my milk came in and i was engorged. it got him feeding. but i didnt find that they helped my nipples.

yes hun, i use lansinoh cream. and have even tryed the savoy cabbage :lol:

ive got the HV today at 3pm, so ill ask her if there is anything which can help. and why im still sore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back