Why is he doing this?

Emma58

Reaction score
Sam seems to have decided 530am is a reasonable time to get up in a morning. :wall:

He is driving me nuts, he goes to bed between 7&8pm then he is wide awake around 530am. In the previous few weeks he had been sleeping through until about 6.30/7.00am which isn't too bad, but over the last few weeks he has gradually dropped sleeping right through until that time.

It wouldn't be so bad but he hardly naps during the day - from him waking up until him going to bed I am lucky if he has an hours sleep the whole day. Unless we go in the car then he'll nap for hours :roll:

I don't know whether to try putting him to bed later or just perservere with him and see how he goes.

Thomas has been exactly the same hun he varies from 5-7am, we just leave him to cry/whinge in his cot will 5:30-6am wont do him no harm :)
he also goes to bed at 6:30-7pm and dont want to make him bedtime any later just incase he might not sleep any longer still.
just see how it goes with him hun
:hug:
xx

Not sure but dd doesnt go to bed till 10pm as she wakes up to early but then shes still up at least once in the night.

Hi :wave:

How does his day time sleep work out? How many hours on average does he have during an average day? At about this age babies do tend to need less sleep. Also, is he having a good amount of protein at lunch and carbs for dinner and how much milk does he take before bed? Sorry for all the questions.

B x x

Becs said:
Hi :wave:

How does his day time sleep work out? How many hours on average does he have during an average day? At about this age babies do tend to need less sleep. Also, is he having a good amount of protein at lunch and carbs for dinner and how much milk does he take before bed? Sorry for all the questions.

B x x

Daytime sleeps are rare and when he does he has no more than half an hour in a morning and half an hour after lunch. Before bed he has a 7oz bottle (hungry baby formula) he is getting plenty of carbs and protein too.

Last night he was asleep by 5pm and slept through til 4am then was awake again at 5.30 :eek:
No matter what we tried last night he wouldn't keep awake, i think he was shattered from getting up so early all the other days.

Harrison goes to bed at 7pm and usually wakes around 6.30, the last couple of nights we've given him a weetabix before his milk at bedtime and he's slept a little later. So he might be hungry.

Harrison also still has 2 1/2 hours sleep a day, 1 hour in a morning and 1 1/2 hours after lunch - he's extremely active though and needs it!!

sounds like just a phase! Ky recently went through one. At 5, nearly 6 months he was sleeping through til 7 every day and as soon as i thought this is it, he's guna stay like this now he went back to waking at 4am! He only went back to sleeping til 6.30 in the last month! they're just awkward little blighters!

hope it doesnt continue for too long and you get some sleep! :sleep:

Getting up at 5.30 with him makes it a looong day :bored:

Hopefully it is just a phase :pray:

Ryan's the same but the other way around, hes started going to bed REALLY late, last night it was 1am!!!!! then he was up at 8.45, But if he's asleep by 8pm then he will wake at 7 and id rather be up at 7 and have the evening to myself than be up till 1am and get woken up at 8.45!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back