Why is he always congested?

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Connor was having a terrible time trying to feed today due to a bunged up nose. I felt so sorry for him. I tried nasal drops and steam to no avail. I think he could have a bit of a cold, but to be honest he is often quite congested and I'm wondering if its the dry spanish air (should I get a humidifier? or ciould he be allergic to the dog/can the garden be upsetting him, I haven't a clue!) I just don't know why he gets so congested all the time during the day when he usually sleeps well at night without any probs! Does anyone else have this problem? And the more he frets and works himself up the worse he makes it, until he's actually snorting and choking himself. :(

He cried so much today he actually made ME cry and I gave up and DH had to come home from work and try to bottle feed him cos i was too upset as I couldn't help him breathe and drink properly on the breast.
Now that he is coming up to 3 months is there any better products I could try?

Hi hun, Im sorry you are going through this, but I know how you feel. My son is almost 3 now and is constantly bunged up! We have had all sorts of tests done on him to rule out breathing problems with his tonsils/adenoids, asthma, dust allergies, hayfever etc, but nothing has come back, they think he is just susceptible to colds and until he learns to blow his nose himself, he just hasnt got the skills to clear it up. Its so hard sometimes because there is absolutely nothing you can do, just the same as when we adults have a cold and stuffy nose you have to just sit it out and keep clearing it when you can. Things like nasal drops do help sometimes if its only mild, or a fairly warm bath with a bit of steam, but other than that theres not much you can give them. As yours is still quite young, you could try a nasal aspirator to suck some of the gunk out, but as they get older they object more and more to having this put up their noses so its not easy. If it doesnt clear up though, I would get him checked just to rule out anything else, but if its just a cold then I really feel for you. Just persevere and hopefully it will get better soon. :hug:

lelands been like it too altho worse cos weve had this cold between us last few weeks , now his hit 3 months ive been able to rub snuffle babe ( baby vik ) on his chest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back