Why does she do it?????????'

Squiglet

Reaction score
Lil miss insists on sticking things down her throat until she is sick.. Doesn't matter what it is.. fingers, toys... anything that will fit to the back of her throat and make her sick she does it.. She also then often swallows the sick :puke: but more often then not she'll just be sick everywhere.. and she won't just do it once... oh no no no... she does it over and over again... several times in one sitting.

And its not the same quality of baby sick either... which I'm quite used to.... No its proper sick :puke: But I have no idea why she makes herself sick :think: Its only just started over the past few weeks :think: and there is no rhyme or reason behind it either... Does anyone else have this problem? :think:

I looked after a girl who used to do this too.

The advice was to just ignore it and pay no particular attention to it as it's a behaviour rewarded by attention kind of thing.

We just removed whatever she was using and silently cleaned her up offering no cuddles or eye contact or kind words. Straight after she is clean turn your back to her and carry on as normal. Then when she is engaged in something else give her attention then, not mentioning the sick at all.

Took about a week for it to take effect but it worked. She had the odd occasion where she would try it if her sister was getting attention but soon realised she was being ignored.

I know it seems a little harsh but as long as they are safe. not choking and you can clearly see/hear her in case she tries again and again the tears shouldn't make you feel too guilty.

If you nip it in the bud now it'll e easier then down the line....

Sorry, just realised that didn't sound at all sympathetic! :oops:

And I also just assumed that she is doing it as a behaviour thing.....

How long has it been happening? If it was just a couple of days then maybe she has a sore throat or something?

Sorry!

James started doing this a few weeks ago, I did a post about it somewhere. It only lasted about a week though and he stopped - Thank the good Lord. That's the bit I couldnt handle either....REAL sick, carroty bits :puke: :puke: :puke: my gorgeous child sitting there covered in puke eeeeuw :cry: The only thing I could put it down to was his teeth :think:

moresmiles said:
I looked after a girl who used to do this too.

The advice was to just ignore it and pay no particular attention to it as it's a behaviour rewarded by attention kind of thing.

We just removed whatever she was using and silently cleaned her up offering no cuddles or eye contact or kind words. Straight after she is clean turn your back to her and carry on as normal. Then when she is engaged in something else give her attention then, not mentioning the sick at all.

Took about a week for it to take effect but it worked. She had the odd occasion where she would try it if her sister was getting attention but soon realised she was being ignored.

I know it seems a little harsh but as long as they are safe. not choking and you can clearly see/hear her in case she tries again and again the tears shouldn't make you feel too guilty.

If you nip it in the bud now it'll e easier then down the line....

I don't think its an attention thing... because she'll often do it and I'll not see until later when I find the area where she's been sick.. :puke: :lol: She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth though... I really have to watch her all the time.. Its quite fustrating. Even things you think are safe really aren't. I dunno if that has something to do with it... or it might be teeth as Tillytots says... :think: She hasn't had a tooth in a while and has nappy rash atm... but this has been going on for at least a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back