Why does pregnancy last so long....testing my theory

As we all seem so damn fed up in this trimester already, I just wanted to test my theory on you all and see what you thought.

Pregnancy lasts months as it's preperation aswell as for growing baby. By the time you hit 7/8 months you are so bloody fed up and uncomfortable, you cant wait to have baby that much it would kick start even the most un-maternal people to want their babies out instead of in!!

What dya reckon?!

I personally think it is to fully prepare you for being a mum.

By the time you give birth you have been going through it for such a long time that you have completely fallen in love with them and have already given up so much for them. By the time they come you are so connected to them it is unbelievable.

In other words, your life has already changed beyond recognition and they haven't even been born yet!

If we were only pregnant for a couple of months, we may not have that same connection with them.

It does seem a bloody long time though doesn't it! :roll:

i agree sarah, no pain no gain right! lol

To be honest Sami, even if I'm annoyed with, back ache, heart burn, kicks... I think 9 months in a lifetime is so short... and I'm enjoying this pregnancy overall so I want to make the most of it til the very end, which might be earlier than planned.

Think about the after pregnancy: back to periods, the pains there too.. , not having excuses to stuff your face, and simply not having that wee life inside.. I'm going to miss it :? so all that doesnt seem very appealing either!

try to make the best out of the little time you have left girls...
(mind you if I ever end up overdue my record will prob change.. :D )

I cant wait to be pregnant again its such a lovely feeling having a little life growing inside you. i miss my little bump! trust me you will miss it when its gone, enjoy this precious time!!

I am sure I will miss my bump definately - but after this that and the other I really am questioning whether I'll do it again! This pregnancy has been so stressful. I am happy I am still pregnant - I know he growing as he should be and I sure as anything don't want him to come early!! It just does seem to go on forever sometimes. It's nearly a whole year after all.

I love feeling him kick, growing, moving, seeing the scans and watching my tummy grow, but I'm in agony now and it all seems so far away till Jan 25th!

9 months in the grand scheme of things is a very short time, but I think I'll love Damien all the more when he is out and I can look after him properly :) I'll hurt less too!

Think I'm just being a moany moo today - lack of sleep making me grumpy :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back