Why does this make me so cross??...........

Kerry

Reaction score
Anna Friel filming nude scenes three months after her due date

Barely a week goes by without us hearing about how a pregnant celebrity got back into their size 0 jeans within mere days of giving birth. But this story from Grazia magazine about a celebrity who’s dieting before she gives birth tops them all!

Former Brookside star Anna Friel, who is seven months pregnant with her first child, tells Grazia that she has signed up to shoot a movie three months after giving birth. The critical factor to this story is that the role will require a bikini body – and Anna has already promised the film’s producer that she will have her ‘bikini body by then’

Friel tells the magazine that she is already on a diet and exercising four times a week. ‘I pray I don't have a Caesarean so I can get into a workout regime quicker,’ she says, ‘This whole thing about wanting ice cream, wanting this, wanting that when you're pregnant, it's better to just not do it. I think it's better to get into an exercise routine as soon as possible, even if you are tired with the baby, otherwise the weight stays on and it becomes too much of a drag.’

Why do things like that make me feel so cross - what is REALLY important to her, her baby or her 'bikini body'!!!

Sorry, rant over :?

It's different for celebs though, isn't it?

a) she'll have a nanny and a personal trainer and so forth,

b) her body is one of the tools of her trade, so she kind of 'has' to invest in it.

It's still kind of annoying as people's expectations are raised by what the celebs do, so non-celeb women end up feeling like failures because they're not back in thier pre-preg clothes within weeks and swanning about in bikinis after 3 months.

I made the decision as soon as I got pregnant to completely ignore the pressures of the media.

I have decided to give myself 12 months to get back into my old jeans and I am sticking to it. If it happens before that then it will be by accident, and if it takes longer, then so be it!

Being a mum is a very important job and being able to accept the battle scars on the way is a positive step in accepting who we are as women.

Don't bow down to the pressures from anyone! Not the media, or mother in laws, or partners or anyone.

I'm getting all excitable myself now! :lol:

She might feel differently once the baby arrives and it may not be so important to her, I know it isn't to me now baby is actually here. I have lost loads of weight since my baby was born (within a few days I was lighter than my pre pregnancy weight) but not through diet and excercise, just being so ill afterwards.

I aim to be back to normal by the time I head back to work mid June, I think thats realistic, I mean I only want to be pre preg weight the baby belly and cellulite might take a bit longer to sort out!!!

Hear hear Kerry, dont get me wrong i want my figure back one day but its no going to happen over night!

Baby is more important to me that my figure, as long as OH loves me and baby too, who cares!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back