Why is today hard?

littlemuffin

Reaction score
I just don't want to do anything.

I took Macy back to bed with me this morning and we both fell asleep now 2 bottles later I can't be bothered to get dressed - I have got her dressed.

It's like all I have to look forward to is going to tescos.

I don't want to be in the house with my MIL anymore she is doing my head in. I had to lie about where I was going last night (had family planning) after her asking so much I told her I was going to my grandparents which she knew was a lie as I didn't take Macy but I wasn't going to tell her the truth it's private. And now I'm stuck in my room just feeling down and feeling worse that I have Macy here with me when I should be doing something.

I have tried baby groups 3 actually and I don't feel I belong anywhere. I want to try swimming but the sessions are too expensive and then I said to DH we could go together but he doesn't want to until his course is finished. I asked him to help me last night and he just gave the baby straight to his mum. Which I knew he would do, as that is usual practice.

I'm down and lonely stuck in a house I can't stand that is dirty and I just want to cry.

Aww hun

I'm so sorry you feel like this.

Being a mummy is the most boring & lonely job isn't it. Its so difficult not having anything to look forward to, every day the same, sometimes I think....whats the point in dressing LO, since we dont go out & not alot of visitors.

Theres not much to do with a baby apart from shopping, baby clubs & parks, apart from that its just boring. When they get older its non stop with nursery/school/parties/clubs & stuff but the baby stage is boring, enjoy it & enjoy the relaxing coz it can get quite stressy when they get older & there just isn't enough hours in the day.

My house is a mess all day coz i do nothing & i do bare minimum at night when LO's are asleep. I sit about but tbh I dont mind coz im on mat leave so enjoying just hanging about b4 going bk to work.

Try and focus on exciting things to do at home, I know its hard but use ur imagination. And if something comes up that you can do out of the house....excellent.

xxxxxxxxxx

I don't have much to add Hun, I know it can be a really lonely time :hug: xx

Like little miss has said being a mum is so lonely at times .
I force myself to go out everyday bcos if I dont I know how miserable I would be . I take ruby swimming not to water baby's just a general public swim only costs me 3:50 and the baby is free , I go the park , pop to the shops -anything to get me out really .

I hope u feel better soon xxxx

Littlemiss83- it would be easier if we had our own house but I live with my inlaws, and they kind of piss me off now we have been here a year and they just don't leave me alone.

There house is falling apart, eg there is a crack in the kitchen floor and water comes through and they have said oh well when I told them. The back door the handle fell off so it doesn't close and they don't see this as a problem that anyone can walk in to the house and we live in the countryside so there is fields around us.

Well I think I am going to clean the car today. Woo hoo!

Awww, it can be incredibly lonely can't it? I don't go to any groups either. Tried a couple of baby groups, but didn't really feel I fitted in, so didn't go back. I am too scared to go swimming with LO as I can't swim myself and am not at all confident in the water, without having a baby with me too.
My highlights are Tesco, and a once a week visit to a friend who is housebound due to ME. I don't really have many friends with young babies. I do try to go out somewhere most days - a walk in the park, a trip to the shops (but usually end up spending money I haven't got!) or just a drive somewhere. But I often find the days are just a repeat of the previous day... So boring!
I don't know whether you have looked on the website Netmums at all - but they have a section 'meet a mum' - I have contacted a lady on there and we are hoping to meet up soon when she is back from her holidays - it might be something you could use to give you an extra something to do in the day?
Xx

Nic - great idea about netmums - i'll have a nosey at that today.

Does anyone ever think that life is too hectic to fit in friends - maybe thats more for ppl with their own house or other LO's. But i seriously cant fit everything in...this is my major moan recently.

Littlemuffin - have yous any plans to get your own place? MIL sounds a bit controlling - sounds a bit like my mum....if your living under my roof I have a right to know what your doing & where your going & what you have in your room. I stuck my middle finger up to that one. But yeah I know how it feels, its horrible! Coz you just wana dote about your own house in your jammies if you want w/out having someone critisise. How is MIL for babysitting?

xxxxxxxxxx

Ohh yep I know this feeling well! Especially as my OH is using my car for work as his broke down! So I'm stuck! Hopefully not for much longer but its crap. I'm gonna go to two babygroups when I have my car- I really think u should give them another go?? I went to one at the beginning n even though the mums were all a lot older than me (I'm 24 but look about 18) I did feel a bit funny the first one but enjoyed the others.

Any PF ladies live near you ??

Big hugs xxxxxxx

My MIL babysit - I am laughing as I write this. They have a dog that doesn't like Macy so I'm kind of stuck upstairs so she wouldn't do that as it would upset her baby as she puts it. Last night we had dinner downstairs and the dog was on a lead and I was holding Macy and the dog went for her and he went so mad that his mum was pulled off the sofa by the dog.

I just spoke to my DH and started crying saying that I was lonely and I dont know what to do. He went silent and said thanks that's made me upset all afternoon at work, and then told me to go to back to work. I don't know if I want to go back to work yet, I don't want to regret going back early.

Man this is a bad day.

i dont really feel like i fit in at baby groups but i fake it for Alyssa's sake. if i keep going to them then she will have little friends, and it gives me something to do with her every week. my mum always said fake it til you make it which i take to mean that i should fake it til i feel comfortable or fit in, if ever

Where are you in Kent hun? I went to an awful group and got put off, then went to a better one yesterday Xx

Aw love.

My heart goes out to you. I hate to read you are stuck upstairs in someone else's house with your baby because of a fuffing dog.

Have you got any other mummy friends you can pack your days out with visiting/trips to park?

Or how about the baby classes, not the groups? Like baby bop or baby gym? You don't necessarily have to talk to other mums just do the activities?

Xxxx

i love the bookstart our library do, and baby massage is great. the leisure center do swimming for babies and mums on mondays for 30 mins and its like a class but only 3.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back