Who's last name to use....

In the instance my relationship does go wrong can I choose to change my baby's name to my name or does this then need the consent of the father? Does anybody know?

Of course I am hoping we live happily ever after but I have to think about these things! X

Hi hun, if dad is on the birth cert it would need his consent to change the name.

If i was in this situation I would give baby his fathers name. It helps with finding families later in life and I just think its how it should be. If you were to break up why would you want to change the name anyway? Even if you're not together he's still the dad.

Please don't take that the wrong way. I can see that reads badly but couldn't find better words!

Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Thanks for this girls, I am totally comfortable using his last name, like you all said he is his dad after all and always will be....

Now I just need to let myself like the first name he has picked! Grrrrr why is this naming stuff so difficult!

I was a bit late to the party Haha Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I just thought it was the norm to give baby the dad's surname, it wouldn't ever have crossed my mind to give baby mine. No real point to my post, just thinking out loud lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back