Who knows your TTC?

Hello everyone haven't been on in a while, just started checking in again for moral support!

I'm having major regret that I am such a pushover and couldn't just LIE and keep my stupid mouth shut about ttc. My husband and I had tacitly agreed that we weren't going to tell anyone we were ttc just because of the pressure. But then this time LAST year the mum of dd's friend said when did I want any more and I casually said I'd be happy to have one anytime, because I can't naturally lie. She took this to mean I was trying and has practically asked me every month since if I'm pregnant yet. She means well but seriously if I have to hear 'just relax and it'll happen' one more time I'll explode. Oh and she has had her third baby in the mean time and she doesn't half gloat about how fertile she is and how easy she finds the labour. (And to add insult to injury she has no stretchmarks on her belly!!) I've learnt to lie now and have told her and a few others that I'm waiting till next year to ttc, even though in reality we've been ttc for 17 months.
So now these acquaintances know I've been ttc before my family even know! If I ever do get pregnant I'm not telling anyone, not even my mum until I'm 12 wks because the pressure of people asking about it is just too much.

Just OH & me lol.

We're seeing the doctor soon, who is a family friend, so that'll be one more person.

I had a conversation with my Dad about a year ago saying that we didn't want to wait too long to start trying but I've not said that we've definitely started. And I don't think oh has said anything to his.

If we had to go the route of assisted means then I guess we'd have to come clean but at the moment I don't want the pressure of them knowing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back