• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is working/going back to work full time?

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Lots of people seem to be going back part time or not at all but was wondering who else was going back/is back full time? If you're back how are you coping?

I'm back at work 5 weeks on Monday and it's really starting to dawn on me. Becky starts her settling in at nursery on Monday. Everyone around me seems to think it's weird I'm going back full time but it's a choice between that and not being able to pay the mortgage. I hate the fact that strangers will care for her full time but we don't have another choice as my family all work full time and OH's family are in a different country.

I'm just glad I get decent holidays and can spend that amount of time with her but I'm starting to really dread the idea :(

I'm back at work, although it's only a Christmas temp job at Lush..I started at the beginning of this month. I only work 4 hours a week (They take on alot of staff and it's only a small shop) so it's not bad atall.

I have an interview for a Neonatal Assistant in the hospital where I had LO..If I'm successful I'll be working 15 hours a week.

I am going back full time on the 5th of Jan :(

I am dreading it and just like you really dont like the idea of her being with strangers the majority of her time :( I know she will come to know them all but its still :cry: because i want to care for her.

However i have to go back, we need the money and we really want to get onto the property ladder sooner rather than later.

Calleigh also has her settling in sessions, the first one on the 8th Dec. I just hope she will be ok

I went back to work 3 days a week in April, and had to stay for at least 3 months or else pay off what they gave me for maternity. 3 days worked out better than 5, financially, mad as it sounds.
So 2 months in I found another job, switched departments, more money and fulltime. It's ok but it's damn hard to start with. I have just got used to it now, and I must say I do really value my days off a lot more now that they are more of a rarity. I also appreciate the adult company, which after maternity leave I was ready for, and it's actually nice to have a break.

x

I'm going back ful time, albeit compressed hours so I'll be working 4 days a week - just longer hours. We'll see how it goes. I really want to spend one day a week with her however I do worry that it might be a bit too much woking such long days :think:

wish I could go part-time but like everyone says - have to pay the mortgage.

I went back to work just before Jack turned 6 months. I work full time hours split over 4 days - I take Wed off to get a break from my very stressful job and spend time with my boy.

It only started to feel ok after almost 2 months.

But I had no choice, my hubby got made redundant and my job pays reasonably well and is pretty secure. Still, it feels great when I come home and Jack jumps up and down, waving his arms and laughing because Mummy's home to play and snuggle with him!

I'm waiting to hear still! from my employer whether they will offer me part time hours. If they can't then I will probably be back full time until my contract ends in April. I really don't want to go back full time (in fact i don't want to go back at all :shhh:

I can't imagine what it will be like working full time and having to put Sam in nursery - I'm dreading it :?

I'm not going back.

I suppose we're lucky as because me and OH were in part-time jobs and living at my mums (we were students) when I got preg we never had 2 full-time incomes so we didn't get used to living on them. OH is now full-time and so we are keeping me at home because we know we can just about afford it. We are very poor but I can't leave Fi.

And also I don't have any way of getting to a job or any form of childcare.

I went back fulltime when Evie was 5 months. I didn't have much choice, we have a big mortgage.

I was dreading it...I was worried about her being with strangers, missing some of her firsts etc BUT I have to say it's the best thing I've done. She loves nursery, she plays with other children and different toys and thats really helped her learn a lot! I haven't missed any firsts so far which is brilliant! And I really enjoy my days at work because it's just nice to do normal things without a baby balanced on my hip!

The best thing about it though is that I really treasure, appreciate and enjoy our times together on days off and when I finish work.

I went back full time when Harrison was 6 months. I work from home for 4 days a week (will be 3 after xmas) so it's not too bad.

It's hard work though finding time for housework etc as I always seem so knackered

Ive been working since september and finish in 3 weeks, im a nanny and i work 8-6 monday, 8-6 wednesday and 8-2 thursday and i get to take ryan with me :D

pilkers said:
I went back fulltime when Evie was 5 months. I didn't have much choice, we have a big mortgage.

I was dreading it...I was worried about her being with strangers, missing some of her firsts etc BUT I have to say it's the best thing I've done. She loves nursery, she plays with other children and different toys and thats really helped her learn a lot! I haven't missed any firsts so far which is brilliant! And I really enjoy my days at work because it's just nice to do normal things without a baby balanced on my hip!

The best thing about it though is that I really treasure, appreciate and enjoy our times together on days off and when I finish work.

I was the same... went back full time when lil miss was just 5 months old. Same reasons too... I had the responsibility of another child and a mortgage.

I can't say it was easy or still is.. I am still fully breastfeeding lil miss... and she still doesn't sleep through the night. :roll: Plus I still have to deal with Tia too, the house and the endless mountain of laundry.. .I seem to have time to wash it and dry it (Thank gods for my dryer.. ) but never time to fold and put away. :oops:

I am lucky though I have both sets of grandparents nearby and DH has a flexible job and a good boss... So child care is well covered. And lil miss LURVES her gwandma. :lol:

Im lucky enough not to be returning to my job full time and as they could not offer me part time as off jan im unemployed but i will be finding a part time job working a few evenings and weekends as childcare is an issue for us too.

We wanted to move to a bigger house as we only have a small 2 bed house but that would mean working more hours so we are staying put.

Im quite looking forward to working though :? .

I have no idea as I STILL don't know whats happening

I could be back in Jan full time or it could be part time or it could be aug till I am back, which sounds goood but isn't as we will be skint :(

It depends. If i don't get made redundant then i'll be going back full time.

i'm the luckiest of all because me and OH are our own bosses and we have the baby with us in the gym all day everyday! Long hours but worth it :D

I don't really earn enough to make going back worth it after paying for childcare. Also I think now I am quite happy to stay at home. I love my work but it is their tough luck (they should have promoted me or paid me more ;) ). OH earns a good wage and can afford to be the only wage earner :D

If OH manages to persuade me to have another kiddie, I will probably only go back to work when the second is in school and then only part time. I have no idea why he wants me to stay home though, I am the least domesticated person ever! It isn't as though his dinner is on the table waiting for him when he gets home from work :lol:

I'm going back for 3 days per week from Jan - 2 days in the office and 1 day at home

LO will only be 14 weeks old though :cry:

We're desperate to save for a deposit for a house and get out of our rented flat so need all the cash we can get

It makes me really sad to think I'll have to leave her - I'm hoping the Lottery comes in!! :pray: Or OH gets a super duper pay rise :)

leckershell said:
and I must say I do really value my days off a lot more now that they are more of a rarity. I also appreciate the adult company, which after maternity leave I was ready for, and it's actually nice to have a break.

I agree with Shell on both counts there. I had no choice but to go back full time because of money, I would prefer part time and tbh I dont think I would enjoy being a SAHM (no offence to anybody) but I need my grown up company, but just wish it was part time. When I went back (he was 6 months old) I gotta say we both got into the routine really easily. Jake adapted so well, and it was like I'd never been away :roll:

I do think nursery is really good for Jake development/sociability wise, better than I alone could be for him tbh so that is one of the positive things I feel about him going to nursery.

I am back in Jan now part time. 3 days a week to finish my probation year but I am being empolyed till June :D

Tues, Wed and Thursdays. Means I have to miss Finlay's baby swimming :( But his gran is going to take him.

Only found out today! I have not long to find childcare for the other 2 days :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back