Who did you have at 20 week scan?

dusanlusanage

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm in a bit of a pickle as to what to do.... I've my 20 wk scan on Thursday (actually I'm 19 weeks, but you know what I mean). Me and hubby are hoping to find out the sex of LO.

The 12 week scan was great, my mum was planning on coming, but she was late and missed it. I wished she had been there to see it afterwards, it was so amazing!

Now her and my dad are asking to come to this scan, but I kind of feel that I just want it to be me and husband, as I think it's going to be really emotional, and I don't want the room to be crowded with people, and I don't want to get upset in front of mum and dad (even if it is in a good way).

I don't want to upset mum and dad by saying they can't come, and I might wish that they'd been there after it's done, I'm just not sure what to do. We're not the kind of family that get upset in front of each other, so we're not close in that way. But I think it'd be nice for them to see the scan.

I suppose I'm just wondering who you had present at your scans and any similar situations, and advise on what to do please!!

xxxx

At my hospital they tell you maximum two people so tell your folks your hospital have similar rule and you don't think it is fair to choose just one of them so you are choosing none of them.

Or else just be honest. I am sure they'll understand!

I don't want anyone other than OH with me at our scans... Although if he couldn't make one for any reason I'd take my Mum or sister!

xxxxxxxx

I had just me and my sister x

My hospital only let 1 in, I just had my OH. I wouldn't want anyone else in with me but I can't see the hospital letting u bring 3 people along with u anyway. So maybe u could explain to them that its hospital rules.

You could also ask ur OH to record it on his phone and show it to them later x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I feel a bit better now. I think recording it on phone is a good idea. It's just such a personal and emotional time. Thank you for your comments & advice, really appreciate it xxx

Hi, I just had my boyfriend. My hospital stated at the letter only 1person to go. I have had a 3d scan tho, which was a great experience, and you can take more people with you to this. As its more for fun, as it's private. Would recommend it to anyone, and would be a nice experience for your
Mum and dad to :) xxx

Our hospital reccommend that only one other person come in but both times we have taken my stepson, she is after all going to be his little sister :) and he is as good as gold bless him. We have to have another scan at 30 weeks (to check LO's kidneys) and he wont come to that scan as they are boring for his but other than him I wouldnt want anyone else to be there. No disrespect to my mum or my sister but this is a private thing and I was honest with my mum and told her so :) she understood so long as i promised her a picture! hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back