White spots on lips and tongue? UPDATE...really angry

LucyBee

Reaction score
This morning I noticed a white spot on Tom's lip and thought it was an ulcer but he just laughed and I noticed he has them all over his tongue too.
Any ideas what it could be????
Lucyx

Thrush?...you can get daktarin gel from chemist it works a treat xx

could it be oral thrush? I think if it is oral thrush one way to tell is that if you gently scratch them they'll kind of come off

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Becareful tho if you scratch the white bits off then it'll be painful as there will be red sores underneath. If it is thrush. I'd pop to your chemist as they can tell you and give you the gel. :hug:

certianly sounds like oral thrush to me....u should of rung twinny :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone.
I took him to the docs this afternoon and she said...I quote...'Hmmmm. I don't know what it is'.

Brilliant.

Apparently 'it doesn't look like thrush'. She said it MIGHT be the start of Hand, Foot and Mouth (please not again) or just ulcers but to watch him over the next couple of days. He's eating and drinking fine so hopefully they'll just go as quickly as they came.

xx

hope its not hand foot and mouth he was really poorly with that last time wasn't he :hug:

poor tom is he suffering? temperature? off food?

Hi Lisa,
Yes, he was really ill with hand, foot and mouth. He was admitted to hospital with suspected meningitis which turned out to be the HFandM.
Went to the doctor again today and she said it is definitely a virus from the same family as HF&M and chickenpox. She said that his mouth might get worse in which case to give him Calpol and Bonjella and try to keep him hydrated until it passes.
So far he has no temp, is eating like a horse and happy as larry so...FINGERS CROSSED...it's just a mild virus and it will go soon. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Lxx

Sending very best wishes and fingers crossed that he stays just fine and happy Lucy, poor Tom, its so so cruel what he's already had to go through, I am thinking of you both, hope you're OK too Mummy, take care and stay safe :hug: :pray: :hug: :pray:

Redshoes said:
Sending very best wishes and fingers crossed that he stays just fine and happy Lucy, poor Tom, its so so cruel what he's already had to go through, I am thinking of you both, hope you're OK too Mummy, take care and stay safe :hug: :pray: :hug: :pray:

Amy, you are a little love!
I just read your post that says Isaac has been unwell? Is he OK now????
I do hope so. Thinking of you all and sending big hugs. Thanks for your little message...made my day.
Big love, Lxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa... :hug: :hug: :hug: for thinking of us.

I'm going to take him back to the doctors tomorrow morning as the spots are worse. He doesn't have any other symptoms so now I'm thinking more and more that it's oral thrush. Mum has got him today and she asked her local pharmacist who said it looked like thrush too. :think:
I'll let you know what the Dr. says in the morning but I'll be so cross if it is thrush and they didn't pick it up last week as it's all over the insides of his lips and tongue now. My poor little boy.

xxx

aww poor lil boy sounds horrible x let us know how you get on x

oh no, poor Tom.Hope he is feeling better soon, massive hugs to you both :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so cross....

As you know, I took Tom to the docs on Thursday only for the Dr. to say she didn't know what it was on his mouth.
I took him again on Friday and another Dr. said it was a virus from the chickenpox family. Ali was with us for this appt. as he'd come back from work early. He later pointed out that she'd made the diagnosis without even looking in Tom's mouth :shock: . I was so busy hoping for a diagnosis that I hadn't even noticed.

Well, his mouth's been getting worse and worse all weekend. I was sure it was thrush so I managed to get another appt. with yet another Dr. for this morning and guess what...

IT'S THRUSH.

I called the Dr. from Friday and told her I was really cross that it took three appointments and three doctors to diagnose the thrush and that if it had been picked up on Thursday it wouldn't have got to the stage where he can't eat because it's so sore. She was very apologetic but even so...

id be soooo :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
hope ure lil man gets better soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you both xxx

I would be livid, poor little lamb would be getting better by now if the first doc had diagnosed properly. Hope he feels well soon :hug:

Oh no, poor Lil Man!! :hug: :hug:

Id be angry to hun :hug: Im glad your finally sorted though!

OMG Lucy, I don't blame you for being mad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 3 separate appointments is ridiculous.
Poor Tom, hope he's feeling better esp now he's getting the right treatment
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:oops:
sorry to but in on your post but what is hand foot and mouth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back