White lump on nipple :-S

xXAbiXx

Reaction score
It's six weeks since I had my baby and I stopped producing milk about 2 weeks ago as I'm not breastfeeding.
Since then I've had a small white lump on the end of one of my nipples. I thought it would go away but it's still there.

Any idea what it is? I'm assuming its a blocked duct or something?

X

I didnt breast feed either, im 4weeks post and still have leaking. but id agree with you and say maybe its a blocked duct,sorry if not much help. theres bound to be somebody on here able to give you abit of advice xx

Thank you. I think I'm going to have to go to the doctors.
Does anyone know if its the sort of thing the health visitor would know about?

X

Just found this if it helps:
The glands of Montgomery, or Montgomery's tubercles are the tiny "bumps" that are scattered around the areola. They are sebaceous, or oil-producing glands. They secrete a lubricating and protective substance, altering the skin's pH and discouraging bacterial growth (Williams 1992). These glands also secrete a small amount of milk (Lawrence 1995). This lubrication helps to keep the skin healthy and the areola elastic. They are completely normal. Don't squeeze them, though. That can cause some damage to the area and lead to an infection.

Hiya. It could be something called a milk bleb. You can try and have a go at getting rid of it yourself. In the bath just I've it a squeeze and a rub with your nail, once the top layer is broken, you can squeeze it out. Def do it in the bath as it softens the skin. A plug of milk Amy come out.

Your HV should know what it is too.

Thank you!
I might see if it goes easily.
The HV is coming tomorrow so I'll see what she says.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back