Which Supermarket?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
I usually do all of my shopping at Tesco but recently I have noticed the prices rising every fortnight.

So, yesterday I went to Sainsburys. Where I thought everything was so expensive I only bought what we needed- not just good for my purse but my diet too! I bought quite a lot of sainsburys basics and my shopping for a fortnight came to just over £50. At Tesco I could have EASILY spent £80 and not even wanted half of it! I also took a list with me yesterday and only got what was on my list.

I have also started shopping locally- fruit and veg is SO much cheaper at the local greengrocers; and it gets me and Evie out of the house.

My nearest is Waitrose, but things are too expensive, so we go to Tesco.
I'd love it if there was a Morrisons or Asda near me, they are so much cheaper!

I voted Tesco. Though for the past month or so we have been using Ocado as I referred Toby so he got 3 £10 off vouchers! (If anyone wants referring, PM me your email address ;)) You had to spend £90 but to be honest, as we are shopping online we get LOADS for that, and can stock up on nappies and milk for Phoebe. Its quite easy to see all their offers too.

But now the vouchers have run out, we'll probably be back to Tesco unless Ocado send us more offers (also got 10% off last week).

We go to Asda maybe once a month. Its usually worth going to pick up toiletries and stuff - normally a lot cheaper.

You are lucky to have a greengrocers! There's nowt like that near me.

Lists def help too, its easy to get swayed by stuff you don't need.

I live right across the road from Tesco so it's Tesco for us. It's a killer, though, because we tend to say "can't be bothered cooking tonight, let's get something simple from Tesco!". We get a lot of our veg from the local greengrocers and sometimes go to Lidl where they have some excellent but often very random (like horse blankets!) bargains.

We've only really got a Tesco so that's where I do my big shop. I do try to use the local baker, butcher & greengrocer though, they're not far away & the quality is good.

Tesco for us... just because its big and close, I have no butchers, bakers of green grocers local anymore :(

Online shopping I use either Sainsburys or Tescos - depends who I have money off codes for ;)

If I am actually going to a shop, then it is usually Asda.

Asda.... find tesco and sainsbury expensive to be honest....

I do it online then I know what im spending and always go down the list at the end and see if there is anything I dont really need!!

we normally spend £50-£60 a week for two

I always shop at asda. I spend £80 on a big shop which will generally last us 2/3 weeks.

I buy bread, fruit & veg on a regular basis

I think i will have to start going to the greengrocers instead of getting it from the supermarket, I bet its better quality also.

I used to be a Tesco only girl. But now my nearest supermarket is Asda i went to Morrisons though the other day and was really suprised at how much cheaper it was to Asda.

if i'm online shopping then i do tesco as I hate Asda's website.

Tesco for the main of it, but a local farmers market for fruit and veg, farmshop for certain meat and a fish delivery for my fish. The last three are a lot cheaper then Tescos and last longer too.

I voted Morrisons because we have one just up the road, normally spend £120 a week on a big shop. ( i always think im getting a deal with the BOGOF's at morrisons) But then if we go to asda for a change we spend like £80 and get the same :?

If Asda was up the road like morrisons was we would go there every week.

I used to go to tescos but im now a staunch asda buyer, so much cheaper then tescos.

genrally Asda, but Morrision seems to have some good deals just now, we are going there for the deals , Aldi for fruit and veg and then to tesco for what else we need.

We normally spend about £80 a week on a shop

In our little town we have a Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Netto and 2 Somerfields. But i always opt for Asda, they have fab deals.

I usually shop at tesco because i don't drive and its just down the road- i think morrisons is good but i only go with my mum occassionly- i shop online a lot and i use my supermarket.com and tesco is always the cheapest!!

i've got the choice of asda, tesco, sainsburys, morrisons, m&s and waitrose near me... i generally go to waitrose cos i tend to mostly eat organic and they have the best range. but i do shop at all of the others on occasion too. i'm not that loyal :wink: i find morrisons more expensive than waitrose!

Like Purple I shop at Waitrose (currently use their delivery service which is fab!) as I also like their organic range and fruit.

I also do M&S but you can't get normal household products (such as Ariel) there but their fresh produce is really good too.

I alternate between Asda and Tesco and every now and then go to Lidl, Sainsburys and Morrisons. I just get bored going to the same one every time

morrisons is the one i use

they are great at the mo and do a lot of good items for 50p which change every week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back