Which one would you choose??? (Flowers)

SarahH

Reaction score
It's my mother in laws birthday next week and because it is so close to christmas (and postage costs are a fortune!) we usually just send her flowers... she always has her decorations up before her birthday so instead of sending a bog-standard boquet, I thought I would send a christmasy one....

Question is... which would you prefer out of these?? They are all roughly the same price (between $60-$70)

flowers1.jpg

flowers2.jpg

flowers3.jpg

Number one :)

They're all lovely, but I think the second and third are slightly more Christmassy. Whereas one is festive, but still sort of says birthday :D

Yep i think no 1 too, the others are lovely but as it's for her birthday then i'd def go for no 1 and being the colour it is then it will still look nice with her decorations :D

Yep i think no 1 too, the others are lovely but as it's for her birthday then i'd def go for no 1 and being the colour it is then it will still look nice with her decorations :D

number 1 or number 2!! but number 1 says more birthday as number 2 says more christmas

Do you call the florist over there directly? If you can find one near to where they live it will mean you get far more for your money? Then rather than giving them the coad of the item you want sent say (if you like number 1) "Please could I have a round arrangement for $60 in reds and whites including white lilys and red roses in a nice basket or pot"

To give you a idea at Christmas time those arrangements over here would cost Number 1-£30, Number 2-£25, Number 3-£35 :) Hope that helps you a bit

nickilubs said:
Do you call the florist over there directly? If you can find one near to where they live it will mean you get far more for your money? Then rather than giving them the coad of the item you want sent say (if you like number 1) "Please could I have a round arrangement for $60 in reds and whites including white lilys and red roses in a nice basket or pot"

To give you a idea at Christmas time those arrangements over here would cost Number 1-£30, Number 2-£25, Number 3-£35 :) Hope that helps you a bit

Thanks hun... I go direct to the florist there and as I have used them for YEARS I usually do get a bigger arrangement than normal for my money. $60-$70 is between £30-£35 so works out the same cost!

But, one thing.... if I bought an arrangement like that for myself here in Aberdeen, it would cost waaaaayyyy more than what you have quoted... 1 and 2 would prob be about £40, and 3 would be about £70. I get a few wreaths each year at christmas, one large for my Mums grave and 2 smaller ones for my grandparents graves and just for them I am usually £130 total!
I hate Aberdeen, its so expensive!

SarahH said:
nickilubs said:

Thanks hun... I go direct to the florist there and as I have used them for YEARS I usually do get a bigger arrangement than normal for my money. $60-$70 is between £30-£35 so works out the same cost!

But, one thing.... if I bought an arrangement like that for myself here in Aberdeen, it would cost waaaaayyyy more than what you have quoted... 1 and 2 would prob be about £40, and 3 would be about £70. I get a few wreaths each year at christmas, one large for my Mums grave and 2 smaller ones for my grandparents graves and just for them I am usually £130 total!
I hate Aberdeen, its so expensive!

Jeez! A 12" Wreath handmade with bow, normal holy, some verrigated and some spruce, pine cones (natural looking) would be £20 tops and thats completely handmade then 10" would be £10 and 8"would be £6! (the inches are just the frame size not the whole size of the wreath made) If I could get hold of the frame and moss I would make you them and send them up there for you? I'll have to see if I can get hold of the stuff but if I can I will.

trust me to be different but i like number 2 it just has that something a little different to the first one and mumber 3 is a little too christmassy for a birthday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back