Which nursing bra?

mermaid

Reaction score
I'm looking at the nursing bras on ebay and I'm not sure which will be most useful/comfortable. Should I choose the drop down cup bra or cropped top style for sleeping/feeding. This one has no drop down cup though. :? Any advice from breastfeeding mums would be great.

ive alwasy used the drop down style :)

i had a zip one once but kept getting my boob skin trapped! :puke:

mermaid get measured up at around 36-40 weeks. then buy two pairs.

but once bubba is around 2 weeks old and your boobs have settled dow n abit go and get measured again to make sure they are comfy and correctly fitted. :)

I have a drop down cup, which I bought from M&S, when I first got it I hated it :lol: thought it looked like a granny bra.

But its been the best £25 ive ever spent, I can pop my boob out with no problems and feeding her layed next to me is easy to ( lol im sure youll be doing this if you ever want to experience sleep again!)

Make sure tho that you ahve the right size and it still has a little room for when you milk comes in.

Hope that helps :cheer:

The drop down clip ones are the easiest to use. Its really important to get measured for them though. I thought i had only gone up maybe a cup size but when i was measured (when Thea was 7 weeks old) id gone from a 34B to a 34DD!!!!!

I got two pretty ones in a pack from mothercare for £25 while i was back in England.

Aw thanks Budge and Tasha. Best wait a bit then, (although I never did have boobs so don't think they will grow much more!) :rotfl:

mermaid i can assure you they will!

you will wake up one morning when you milk comes in and you won't be able to see over your DD chest!!!! :rotfl:

:D I havnt got much either was 34A pre preg, and now ive gone to a 34B.

Well I suppose its abit bigger than before :roll:

budge said:
mermaid i can assure you they will!

you will wake up one morning when you milk comes in and you won't be able to see over your DD chest!!!! :rotfl:

Hmmmmm I'm that to start with AND they're already comfy knee-warmers.... I'd best be careful not to loose baby under there when I'm feeding! I nipped into mothercare the other day to get fitted up as I thought I was leaving it a bit late, but the lady said what Budge did. Get measured about 2 weeks before you give birth - so 36 is ideal - as baby will have dropped and your rib cage will be returning to normal size. My boobies haven't grown during this pregnancy, but my rib-cage has. My bump is also quite small, so I reckon that's where baby is hiding. Apparently a fitting is useful as they can allow enough room for the super-mammeries to grow into!

M&S reccomend getting fitted at 38 weeks, this is when I got fitted for my nursing bra.

definitely think drop cup are better, especially as using a non drop cup one and lifting it up can damage the tissue and cause mastitis, which ive had and its not bloody nice!!!!!

theres gotta be as much freedom as possible for your milk to flow though, so drop cups are much better for that purpose :D

i bought my nursing bra's a few weeks back, the woman in mothercare didnt want to sell me them though i told her ive got SPD and cant be doing with coming out towards the end of my pregnancy, bearing in mind my breasts havent grown at all during my pregnancy, probably because i was a G anyway, they must have had enough milk ducts already :rotfl:

i ended up getting a 40E though as that was what fit best :roll: with plenty of room for when my milk comes in 8)

Is there a way you can measure yourself? Does anyone know the right way to do it?

I think you buy the same size around your back as before pregnancy?
And, a cup size bigger for when the milk comes in? It's something like that and as gingerpig said, your ribcage area will be back to normal.

it all depends on how much weight you've gained.

londoner you're better off getting properly measured somewhere. :)

budge said:
it all depends on how much weight you've gained.

londoner you're better off getting properly measured somewhere. :)

Do you get measured with your bra on or do you have to take it off? I know it would be a woman but I wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

you get measured with your bra on and its really not uncomfortable i thought it would be at first, in fact i think when i got measured i still had my shirt on just took my jumper off.

I had a drop down one when I was bf'ing and i found them easiest, also got 2 jojo maman bebe bf'ing tops that unbutton and they were really usefull..

The drop down cup style are a lot more practical. I bought mine from mothercare and they are £15 each or £25 for two which is quite reasonable for nursing bras. The ones I bought come in black or white and look like sports bras.

Anyone know of any nursing bras that have underwire? I know they say you aren't meant to wear them with wire but I can't stand bras without.

iv got those cropped style ones from mothercare, i love em! theyre drop down cups and also look nice if i wear a v neck top over it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back