Underwired Bra...

kitten1102

Reaction score
I'm going out tomorrow night (first time since he was born!!), and I want to wear one of my nice bras (lets be honest, the nursing bras ain't the most attractive!!).

Will it be ok to wear an underwired bra just for 1 night? (forgive my idiotness, but I'm just not sure!!)

I'm sure it will be fine hun, hope you have a great time on your night of freedom!

I know your not supposed to wear underwired cause of it damaging the milk ducts but i wouldn't think one night should hurt.

If its any consolation i've been wearing mine all thru this pregnancy and i only have i week left till due date but thats mainly cause i haven't got around to getting into town and getting some new ones fitted till now, i've actually got a nursing bra on now cause its new, fits and the only non-underwired one i have :oops:

moomoo192 said:
I know your not supposed to wear underwired cause of it damaging the milk ducts but i wouldn't think one night should hurt.
i dont understand how they damage milk ducts when the wire bit sits under the breast?? :think:
ive worn underwired all through aswell :?

Misslarue said:
not sure hun :think:

*runs off to look!*

hehe, ive been looking at some nursing bra's but they are really expensive! :shock: :shock: :shock:

i dont know what size to get :oops: lol

are they guaranteed to grow when your milk comes in?? or should i just get normal size?

i went and got measured at a proper old fashion lingerie shop by a nice older woman who gave me some fab advice, and then bought 2 from them and 2 online...

idk the answer 2 ur question, but hope u enjoy ur nite out :hug:

i always thought it was an old wifes tale that underwire bras damaged your milk ducts, like some one else said, the wire is under your boobs???

im wearing underwire bras as i find the other dont so any thing for my boobs

i agree too, cant see how they damage milk ducts when they sit moreso on your rib cage :think: but i've heard/read it so many times.

KIMBO - not sure about padded but you can get the t-shirt type ones, thats what i got cause at least if you wear a tight top you wont see the pads underneath the bra, thru the t-shirt :puke:

Just got some from mothercare £15/18 each :shock:

I *did* make the mistake of wearing underwired bras for a few days and I did start to get slightly painful blocked ducts (I had to massage them out). I only had 2 nursing bra's at that point and they were both in the wash so I just wore my late pregnancy size bra. It was a little small for me but I didn't have a lot of choice..

I would think you would be fine for a night, I only started to get a bit lumpy after a good few days without a nursing bra. Luckily it wasn't that bad so I don't want to put you off, I went and got a couple more from Mothercare before it got really painful or turned into anything bad.

I too didn't understand how the underwire could block ducts, but I know it did, so I won't be doing that again for an extended time in a hurry, unless as you say it's just for one night.

Well I got an underwired, padded, nursing bra from Mothercare... :) So its possible.. :) But apparently the UK mothercare don't sell it anymore.. but I got it just before xmas so probably their stock has changed.

Tbh my boobs hurt so much when I was breastfeeding I'd go for comfort above everything else... but the odd occasion isn't going to hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back