When to get fitted for a nursing bra

drea b

Reaction score
Might be a really stupid question (most of mine are :oops: ) but when should I get fitted for a nursing bra. Heard conflicting stories from people and thought I'd ask the experts. :D :D

I've bought a couple of packs but not been measured for them. I went to M&S to be measured for maternity bra's and they were rubbish! She didn't even measure me.. she just looked and made an assumption on size.... :?

I ended up going for what I felt was more comfy with those so for nursing bra's I have gone up a cup size and back down a band size....for now..

I was told by Mothercare that they will measure you 2 weeks before your due date :D

I waited until after Isaac was born before buying any expensive ones as you just don't know until after LO arrives how your boobs will change. I was advised by M&S the best time to be measured pre-birth is 36-38wks :hug:

Basically leave it as late as you possibly can, 38+ weeks or so. You may not feel like it, or have the time once LO is here and once your milk comes in a couple of days after birth you will want them straight away. I think I got mine about 38 weeks last time. Yes, you will go up a bit when your milk comes in and your boobs swell like mad, but that will subside again once you settle into feeding so your size at 39-40 weeks won't change too much. By their nature, maternity and nursing bras are flexible and stretchy anyway so you should be fine.

I was told the same - wait until week 38 to get measured. I was very close to labour when I went to get mine as Charlotte was born at 39 weeks, I must have looked rough because they bought me a chair to sit in while the tried various sizes. They can estimate how much your back will go back down once the baby is out - I found M&S very helpful.

I'd recommend Royce nursing bras. They're v comfy & supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back